DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Joliet, Illinois
Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers: Understanding Addiction Treatment
The Joliet, IL area has many alcohol and drug rehab facilities to choose from. But people who struggle with addiction are often hesitant to get the help they need. Instead, they may simply continue to use or try to quit on their own.
No one should feel as though they are stuck in their substance abuse problems. There is a way out, and by getting professional addiction treatment, it is possible to recover. Here, we want to talk about drug and alcohol rehab in Joliet to help people better understand it and hopefully, choose to get help.
find meetings in or near Joliet:
The Need for Substance Abuse Treatment in Joliet, Illinois: How Many People are Addicted?
There are a lot of people in Joliet – as well as in Will County as a whole – that need professional addiction treatment. The statistics provide us with a lot of information to back up that claim.
According to the Will County website:
- In 2019, there were 143 fatal overdoses.
- Many of these overdoses were due to a combination of drugs, mostly involving Fentanyl, heroin and alcohol.
- 103 of them involved both heroin and Fentanyl together; although some involved additional drugs as well.
- A lot of these overdoses happened right in Joliet.
- The numbers are quite a bit higher from what they were in 2018.
- In 2018, there were 119 accidental overdose deaths in Will County.
- That same year, there were 82 overdose deaths that involved heroin and/or Fentanyl.
The Will County Community Health Needs Assessment states that:
- 23.6% of people aged 18 or older report participating in binge drinking or heavy alcohol consumption.
- In 2017, 36% of all driving deaths in the county were related to alcohol impairment.
- That number is down from what it was in 2012, which was about 64%. But it is still very concerning.
- In 2017, 36% of all accidental deaths in the county were due to drug overdoses.
- Combined drug intoxication was the second leading cause of accidental overdoses.
What is Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
A drug and alcohol rehab facility is a place that offers professional treatment for addiction. They treat both the physical and psychological aspects of the person’s substance abuse problem. This requires a few different types of care, which we will describe below.
Going to drug and alcohol rehab in Joliet gives people an opportunity to gain knowledge from local experts in this area. These are people who have helped many others be successful in recovery.
Detoxing Off Drugs and Alcohol
For many people, the first step in addiction recovery is to go through the detoxification process. This may be required in some cases, depending on the drug the patient is addicted to. We always recommend inpatient detox because of the risk of potential complications and overdosing.
In Joliet, detox programs typically use a combination of medical and holistic treatments. The goal is to successfully manage withdrawal symptoms, and these two types of care do this very well. They allow the patient to take medications to treat their symptoms as well as experience more natural therapies, like physical exercise and nutrition therapy.
Rehabilitation and Therapy
During rehab, people are able to receive various types of therapy to help them with recovering. There are both individual and group therapy sessions people can participate in. Clients/patients each get their own personalized treatment plans to ensure the care they receive is exactly what they need.
The goal of rehab is to determine what led to the addiction and then treat the root cause. This could mean the individual is suffering from a co-occurring disorder, and treating it can result in a much better outcome long-term.
Joliet Addiction Treatment Facilities: Options for Recovery
There are several types of drug and alcohol rehabs in Joliet. In fact, the SAMHSA treatment locator tool says there are 19 of them. They all fall under a different category based on the type of care they offer.
Inpatient rehab centers provide therapeutic and medical care 24 hours a day. These are residential facilities with programs that run for about 28 days. They may or may not also offer detox services, but those that do not should always provide referrals. Inpatient rehabs are usually where most people begin the journey of recovering from addiction.
Outpatient Treatment Programs
Not everyone is able to make the commitment to go to an inpatient rehab program for help. But there are some great options available for outpatient rehab in Joliet as well, and they are often just as effective. There are three main types of outpatient rehab:
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) – PHPs operate during the day and they specialize in working with people with substance abuse and mental health issues.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) – IOPs operate during the evening, usually. They offer a flexible but rigorous option for addiction treatment on an outpatient basis.
- Traditional outpatient rehab – Traditional outpatient treatment typically only involves individual therapy. This is best reserved for those who have successfully finished a higher level of care first.
Long-term rehab programs offer recovery help to people who need a higher level of care than what inpatient treatment centers have to offer. This is a great option for people who have not done well in inpatient rehab in the past.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes are residential houses that accept residents who need a safe and therapeutic place to live. Residents are expected to pay rent, contribute toward the home and secure their own outpatient treatment.
Traveling to Joliet, Illinois for Rehab
There are a lot of good, quality rehab facilities to choose from all over the country. Some may be close to where a patient lives. However, everyone has different needs and for that reason, out of state rehab may be the best choice for drug and alcohol rehab.
The following reasons are advantages to out of state rehab:
- To change the daily routine: many times, an addict daily routines in which they get their drug of choice. They know exactly where to go or who to call to get what they need. These habits need to be broken in order to be successful in rehab. If a person is out of state, they will not know the local drug dealer or where the best bar is. It completely removes them from the negative influences in their day to day living.
- A commitment to finish the program: each rehab participant is entering voluntarily. Because of this, they are free to leave voluntarily, too. Without a firm commitment to the rehab process, they could very easily go home if they are at a facility that is close to their home. If they are out of state, they cannot call a friend or loved one to pick the, up or just walk home. They also have to buy a plane ticket home. Commitment is more likely with these factors in mind.
- To limit distractions: there are a lot of distractions in life and one of the big distractions for an addict is a trigger. When they come across a trigger, they feel an overwhelming need to reduce or remove that by getting drunk or high, so they seek out the alcohol or drug. When out of state, triggers are greatly decreased, as a lot of triggers are associated with the addict’s prior lifestyle.
- To maintain confidentiality and privacy: while in rehab, confidentiality and privacy are key components in the process. These both can help the patient be vulnerable with the professionals who are helping them, knowing that everything they say stays with them. However, they may fear seeing another rehab participant out in public and exposing them to anyone else around. This can be alleviated with out of state rehab.
- To experience different facilities: while every rehab will help a patient on their road to sobriety, every facility is different. An out of state rehab, such as the one in Joliet, IL, may have treatments or programs that the one in the patient’s hometown lacks.
- To start a new life: out of state rehab can help a patient replace toxic relationships with new ones. It can help form new habits and replace triggers. A fresh start can begin in an out of state rehab.
Come look into our facility in Joliet, Illinois if you are considering out of state travel for rehab.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Joliet, Illinois
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Joliet AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Joliet:
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Joliet, Illinois: We Can Help
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want to see as many people in Joliet get addiction help as possible. We know it is hard to make the decision to go to treatment, but we hope that the information we provided here can help.
Would you like to learn more about drug and alcohol rehab in Joliet, IL? Please contact us.