DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Janesville, Wisconsin
What Does Addiction Treatment Involve?
Finding a quality drug and alcohol rehab center in Janesville, WI should not be difficult at all. There are many facilities to choose from that provide exceptional care. Yet, there are so many people who live in this city who do not get the recovery help they need. These are individuals who are suffering, most of the time because they do not know the type of assistance that is available for them.
There is no denying the fact that addiction recovery is hard. It may be one of the biggest challenges a person ever faces. But that does not mean it is impossible. People can stop using successfully with the help of a high-quality drug and alcohol rehab in Janesville.
find meetings in or near Janesville:
Addiction Statistics for Janesville, Wisconsin: How Many People Need Rehab?
Most people who live in Janesville do not realize the scope of the city’s substance abuse problem. Those who are addicted to drugs and alcohol may feel like they are all alone, and that no one else can relate to what they are going through. The statistics prove otherwise.
According to the 2017-2020 Rock County Community Health Assessment:
- Out of 1200 people, 1,091 of them state that drug abuse is the top health concern in their community.
- 836 people state that alcohol abuse belongs in the top five health concerns. It is number 2 on the list.
- 682 people state that mental health belongs in the top five health concerns. It is number 4 on the list.
- In Rock County, 21% of adults report either heavy or binge drinking behaviors.
- 39% of driving deaths in the county involved alcohol.
These statistics are very concerning, and they are proof that Janesville has a problem with substance abuse and addiction.
What is Drug and Alcohol Treatment?
Drug and alcohol rehab involves getting professional help for an addiction. Substance abuse is very complex, and there are many aspects of the problem that need to be addressed. Among them are the physical and psychological components, which is primarily what treatment focuses on. This is done through detox and therapy during rehab.
The detoxification process is often a crucial part of recovery. It may be required for several drugs, including alcohol, benzodiazepines and stimulants. Detoxing helps with withdrawal symptoms. It can also aid in the prevention of any potential complications that can arise during recovery.
Therapy during rehab is also an important part of the recovery process. It is not enough to simply treat withdrawal symptoms. Work also needs to be done to address the underlying cause of addiction. This is generally accomplished through individual and group therapy sessions.
How Many Addiction Recovery Programs are There in Janesville?
According to the SAMHSA treatment locator tool, Janesville has 14 drug and alcohol treatment programs. They are a combination of inpatient and outpatient rehab centers, and there are also detox facilities and sober living homes included.
Types of Substance Abuse Treatment Centers in Janesville
Janesville, Wisconsin has several options available to people who are in need of drug and alcohol rehab. But please keep in mind that they may not all be appropriate for everyone. People are all very different, and it is important to find what will work for each individual person.
It may be a good idea to talk with someone who works in this field to get a recommendation. They can help to direct people toward the proper level of care to meet their needs.
Inpatient rehab offers residential treatment to people who need a higher level of care to recover. This method of recovery is usually the first one people experience. It offers maximum supervision and support. Inpatient treatment programs usually run for about 28 days.
During inpatient treatment, patients may need to go through the detoxification process first. Many of these facilities offer in-house detox services. But those that do not should always provide their patients with referrals so they can get help with their withdrawal symptoms.
Much of inpatient rehab involves participating in therapy sessions. The goal is to determine what caused the addiction and then treat the underlying cause.
Drug and Alcohol Detox
As we mentioned earlier, detox and withdrawal treatment is an important part of recovery. Detoxing can help by removing toxins from the body that contribute to withdrawal. It can also potentially protect people against experiencing any complications or medical emergencies.
There are various types of treatment that are offered during detox, and they include the following:
- Holistic treatments – Holistic detox is a more natural approach to treating withdrawal. No medications are involved at all; instead the focus is on improving one’s diet, exercising, meditation and other treatments.
- Medical detox – Medical detox involves the use of medications and medical supervision to help people through withdrawal. This tends to work really well when it is combined with holistic therapies.
- Medication assisted treatment – Medication assisted treatment is for people who are addicted to alcohol or opioid drugs, such as heroin or painkillers. Patients can take FDA approved medications to treat symptoms. They also participate in behavioral therapy.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
Going to outpatient rehab can also help people get the support they need to stop using. But please be aware that not every type of outpatient treatment will work well for people who are new to recovery.
There are three main types of outpatient rehab and they are:
- Partial hospitalization programs – PHPs are designed to provide a higher level of care for people while they continue to live at home. Clients come to the program as often as 5-7 days per week and receive therapy while they are there.
- Intensive outpatient programs – Intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs, offer a more flexible option for addiction recovery. Clients come to evening appointments 3-5 times per week and participate in individual and group therapy sessions.
- Traditional outpatient rehab – Traditional outpatient therapy typically only involves counseling sessions. Appointments may be as often as three times per week. This can work well when combined with a 12-Step program.
Long-term rehab programs are beneficial for people with a history of relapsing or who have not done well with inpatient treatment in the past. They involve a longer residential stay in a facility, and some allow patients to stay as long as they need to.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes offer people in recovery the opportunity to live in a healing environment. Sometimes people are unable to return home after going to rehab or while attending an IOP or PHP. But sober living homes provide them with the shelter and support they need in a place that is focused on recovering.
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are two of the most well-known 12-Step programs in the world. They have helped millions of people be successful in recovery. These organizations have weekly meetings that are run by others who are working the steps. They offer peer support, which is essential.
There are several AA and NA meetings being held in Janesville every week. Attending a 12-Step meeting can be a great way to supplement outpatient therapy.
Is Traveling to Arizona from Janesville for Rehab Beneficial for Recovery?
A lot of people would rather travel to go to rehab than attend a program in their own city. Arizona is one of the most beautiful states in the U.S. It should not be surprising that so many people choose to go there to get the recovery help they need.
There are a lot of benefits to going to Arizona for rehab, and they include:
- Finding the type of recovery program a person is looking for, such as one that offers holistic treatment. Not all Janesville rehab facilities offer this type of care.
- Taking some time away from home to fully focus on one’s own needs during the recovery process. It can be helpful to block out distractions and do some self-care during rehab.
- Finding a program that participates with the person’s health insurance. It may not be possible to find a facility that is in-network with their insurance close to home.
- Having more privacy while going through rehab. This may be really important to people who work with the general public, or in executive positions.
- Being able to change one’s mindset toward addiction recovery. Going on a trip for rehab can be helpful to get people to start thinking differently.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Janesville, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Janesville AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Janesville:
There are many AA meetings being held in Janesville every week.
There are many Janesville area Alateen meetings taking place every week.
There are many NA meetings taking place in Janesville every week.
There are many Janesville SMART Recovery meetings scheduled every week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Janesville and in Arizona
At SpringBoard Recovery, our goal is always to help as many people recover from addiction as possible. We know it is challenging, but our dedicated team is determined to provide the very best in substance abuse treatment.
Have you been considering traveling to Arizona for rehab? Would you like to talk with someone about the various options for drug and alcohol treatment in Janesville? We can help. Please contact us.