DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Green-bay, Wisconsin
What to Expect During Treatment
People who live in Green Bay, WI have many options available to them for drug and alcohol rehab. Yet there are many people who never get the addiction recovery help they need. Instead, they suffer in silence because they believe there is just no way for them to ever stop using.
The reality is that recovering from an addiction takes a lot of hard work. But that does not make it impossible. With the right support, it is possible for people to stop using and instead, live their lives free of the chains of substance abuse. It can help for people to understand what drug and alcohol rehab is, and where they can get treatment in Green Bay.
find meetings in or near Green-bay:
Understanding the Need for Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Green Bay, WI – Statistics
It can be so easy to turn a blind eye to the addiction problems in one’s own community. Many struggling addicts and alcoholics in Green Bay feel as though they are alone, but that could not be further from the truth. Many people in the local area need addiction recovery help.
According to the 2018 Community Health Needs Assessment for Green Bay:
- In Brown County, only 2% of the population did not have their healthcare needs met during the last year.
- 9% of adults do not have health insurance in the county.
- In 2016, more than 39% of the adults in Brown County reported binge drinking during the last 30 days.
- This is a significant increase from 2008, when the rate was just over 23%.
- It is also much higher when compared to the state rate (just over 26%) and the national rate (less than 17%).
- There were 311.4 opioid-related hospital encounters for every 100,000 people in Brown County in 2016.
- There were 65.2 opioid prescriptions written for every 100 people in the county that year.
Alcohol and Drug Rehab Explained
Drug and alcohol rehab is there to provide professional and medical support to people as they recover from their addictions. It is so important for people to get the help they need. Stopping the use of substances is hard, but treatment can provide people with help for both the physical and psychological sides of addiction.
Drug and alcohol detox can provide treatment for withdrawal symptoms, which can make it nearly impossible to stop using. In fact, this is why most people who quit on their own end up relapsing. Detoxing can also help people avoid possible complications or emergency situations, which can arise during the recovery process. This is the step that people take first when they go to rehab.
Therapy during rehab is the next step, and it is just as important as detoxing. The goal of rehab is to determine what led to the person’s addiction and then treat the underlying cause. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, about half of all people who go to rehab suffer from co-occurring disorders. The best Green Bay rehab programs offers treatment for these conditions.
How Many Addiction Treatment Programs are in Green Bay, WI?
According to the SAMHSA treatment locator tool, there are 11 substance abuse treatment programs within 5 miles of Green Bay. They all offer different levels of care, so it is important for people to choose the one that is right for them.
Options for Drug and Alcohol Treatment in Green Bay
People who are interested in going to rehab in Green Bay have a lot of options available to them. They include both inpatient and outpatient programs, but people all have very different needs during recovery. It is important for people to choose the one that will work for them, and it may even be necessary to get a professional recommendation.
Drug and Alcohol Detox
As we talked about earlier, drug and alcohol detox is the first step in recovery for many people. It may be required for those who are addicted to drugs like alcohol, opioids, benzodiazepines and stimulants. That is because these drugs all can result in complications that will need immediate medical treatment when they are stopped.
There are various types of treatment that are used during the detoxification process. Sometimes more than one may be used, depending on a person’s needs.
- Medication assisted treatment – Medication assisted treatment, or MAT, involves taking medications that have been approved by the FDA to treat alcohol and/or opioid addiction. It also involves participating in a behavioral therapy program.
- Medical detox – Medical detox is highly recommended for anyone in need of detoxification during recovery. It provides the necessary medical supervision that people may need. It also allows people to take medications that can help with their individual withdrawal symptoms.
- Holistic detox – Holistic detox involves the use of natural treatment methods to help the body detox itself. Most people in recovery are not healthy overall, and this method treats that problem by providing nutrition therapy and other forms of treatment.
Inpatient rehab is residential addiction treatment that generally lasts about 28 days. Many of these centers also offer detox services. But that is not always the case and it is not unusual for them to offer referrals instead.
People who go to inpatient rehab spend almost a month fully focusing on their recovery needs. They receive various forms of therapy – including individual and group sessions – to help them work through the healing process.
Long-term rehab is often essential for people with a history of relapsing, or who have not done well with inpatient treatment in the past. These programs allow people to reside at their facilities for several months at a time, if necessary. While they are there, they participate in therapy sessions and various therapeutic activities.
Outpatient Rehab Programs
Outpatient rehab offers a more flexible option for treatment that allows people to continue to live at home. There are three main levels of care that are available on an outpatient basis.
- Partial hospitalization programs – Partial hospitalization programs, or PHPs provide day treatment to people in need of a higher level of care. Clients may attend the program as many as 5-7 days per week.
- Intensive outpatient treatment programs – Intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs, are usually run during the evening, leaving the daytime free for work, school and other activities. Clients participate in individual and group therapy sessions and may attend 3-5 times per week.
- Outpatient therapy – Outpatient therapy is usually for those who have completed an inpatient stay, or another higher level of treatment. It typically involves individual therapy sessions, but some may also involve group sessions.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes are residential houses that provide shelter to people in addiction recovery. Residents are required to pay rent to live there, and there may be other rules that need to be followed as well. Residents need to secure their own outpatient addiction treatment and attend their appointments faithfully. They may also have to submit to drug testing.
12-Step programs are often an important part of outpatient addiction recovery. Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are two of the most popular, and they have helped millions of people be successful in recovery.
Is it Possible to Travel to Arizona from Green Bay for Rehab? Yes!
For one reason or another, it may not always be feasible for people to go to rehab in their own cities. A lot of people choose to travel to go to rehab, and Arizona is one of the best destinations a person can opt for. There are many reasons why someone might prefer to travel to Arizona for rehab, including:
- The need for privacy. Perhaps a person works in addiction recovery in their city, but they are in need of rehab themselves. Traveling will ensure that they do not see anyone they know.
- The need to relocate in order to recover. A person’s homelife can make it easy for them to relapse, so a lot of people will choose to travel to Arizona for rehab and intend to make it their new home.
- The need for more personalized treatment solutions. A person may really want more holistic options for recovery, and they may not be as widely available in Green Bay.
- The need to focus on one’s own needs and set aside their everyday stressors. It can be challenging to go to rehab close to home because the stress may still be there.
- The need to choose a rehab that is in-network with their health insurance.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Green-bay, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Green-bay AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Green-bay:
OUR REHAB CENTER
Talk with Us About Substance Abuse Treatment in Green Bay, WI
At SpringBoard Recovery, we offer solutions to people in Green Bay who are looking for drug and alcohol treatment. Traveling to Arizona for rehab may just be the step that people need to take in order for recovery to be long-lasting.
Would you like to learn more about going to rehab in Arizona? Do you have questions about drug and alcohol treatment in Green Bay? Please contact us.