DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Fond-du-Lac, Wisconsin
Help is Available
Addiction recovery is possible and attending an alcohol and drug rehab in Fond du Lac, WI can make it much easier and safer. Sometimes people do not get the recovery help they need simply because they do not know where to find it. Others may be hesitant because they are not sure what substance abuse treatment involves. Either way, people need to know their options.
Getting the right support can make a huge difference when it comes to recovery. Fortunately, there are many drug and alcohol rehab options in Fond du Lac that can help. It can be such a hopeless feeling when people feel stuck in their addictive behaviors. But we would like to help people understand the importance of getting professional treatment.
find meetings in or near Fond-du-Lac:
Facts and Statistics: Drug and Alcohol Abuse in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Although Fond du Lac, Wisconsin may be a beautiful city, it is still filled with people struggling with addictions. A lot of these individuals may not know where to turn to get the help they need. The statistics tell us everything we need to know about how serious the substance abuse problem there truly is.
According to the Community Health Needs Assessment for the Fond du Lac area:
- 1 out of every 5 people have some type of serious mental health condition.
- 5% of adults state that they have thought about committing suicide within the last year.
- 15% of high school students state that they have considered suicide.
- In 2017, there were 21 people who committed suicide in Fond du Lac County.
- 1 out of every 5 adults report that they have participated in binge drinking.
- The same is true for youth who live in the county.
- 1 out of every 3 teenagers state that they have very easy access to prescription medications.
- In 2017, there were 7 opioid overdose deaths in the county.
- Between 2014 and 2016, there were 14 drug overdoses for every 100,000 people in the county.
- Mental health and substance abuse are the two top priorities for health professionals in the county going forward.
Understanding Alcohol and Drug Rehab
Drug and alcohol rehab programs offer treatment for people who struggle because of their addictions to substances. A professional approach is often needed in order to help people recover. This usually involves treating the physical and psychological aspects of the problem. Going through detox and participating in therapy sessions are the two main types of treatment people usually experience during rehab.
Detox is really important because it addresses withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal can be mild, moderate or severe at various stages of recovery. Sometimes there may even be complications that arise and need to be treated right away. Detoxing can help to lessen the severity of withdrawal while reducing the risk of complications.
Most of the rehab experience involves several types of therapy. People may participate in group, family and individual sessions, based on their needs. The goal is to determine the root cause of a person’s addiction and then offer the appropriate type of care.
How Many Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities are Located in Fond du Lac?
There are a total of 17 addiction treatment programs located within 25 miles of Fond du Lac, according to the SAMHSA treatment locator tool. They are a combination of inpatient and outpatient programs, so there truly is something to meet the needs of everyone.
Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Fond du Lac: Options for Treatment
In order for most people to make the decision to go to rehab, they need to know the types of treatment that are available. Fond du Lac has several options available, although they are not all appropriate for someone who is new to recovery.
It can be helpful to talk with a professional and get their recommendation. They can help people by tell them which level of care they need in order to meet their recovery goals.
Inpatient rehab programs provide a high level of support to people in addiction recovery. This is often the very first type of treatment people experience because they need the constant monitoring that it offers. Inpatient programs generally run for about 28 days.
When people first arrive at inpatient treatment, they should be offered detox, if necessary. Many inpatient programs provide this service in-house. But those that do not should always give their patients referrals for programs that do. They can then return to the facility to complete treatment.
Outpatient rehab programs can be very beneficial for people in need of follow-up care, or whose addictions are not very severe. But they are not always right for people who are new to recovery. There are several types of outpatient care available.
- Intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs, offer a flexible option to recovery that a lot of people appreciate. Clients come to treatment 3-5 times per week, typically during the evening hours.
- Partial hospitalization programs are similar to IOPs, but they offer treatment during the daytime. PHPs operate as often as 5-7 days per week. Clients receive many different types of therapy during that time.
- Traditional outpatient programs are excellent for follow-up, but they might not be right for people who are new to recovery. They usually only involve individual therapy, although some may provide group therapy sessions as well.
Drug and Alcohol Detox
Alcohol and drug detox is a critical component of rehab and recovery. Withdrawal symptoms can be very hard to manage on one’s own without treatment. Detoxing can help by providing relief from withdrawal and protection against possible complications.
There are a few different types of treatment that are usually offered for people who are going through the detoxification process. More than one may be needed, depending on the individual person.
- Medical detox offers supervision for people as they go through withdrawal. It also allows them to take medications to help with their symptoms.
- Holistic detox takes a more natural approach to treating withdrawal. It uses the body’s ability to detox itself and offers treatments like nutrition therapy, exercise and meditation.
- Medication assisted treatment, or MAT, can help people who are addicted to alcohol and/or opioid drugs. Patients can take FDA approved medications to help with their symptoms and participate in behavioral therapy as well.
Long-term rehab offers treatment to people who need a longer period of time to recover from addiction. Many individuals who need this level of care have not done well in an inpatient setting in the past. They may have a history of relapsing or been addicts for a long time. They can remain at rehab for an extended period of time while they get the help they need.
Sober Living Homes
Going home after rehab is not always an option everyone has available to them. Sober living homes can provide people with safe places to live once they finish rehab or while they are going to outpatient programs. Residents must abide by the rules of the house, which could include curfews, doing chores and submitting to drug tests. All residents must have their own outpatient treatment program and attend it faithfully.
12-Step programs have been around for a very long time. They offer peer counseling and support on an outpatient basis. Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are the two that most people are familiar with the most. Both of them have helped so many people recover worldwide.
AA and NA meetings are taking place every week in the Fond du Lac area. There is no charge to participate.
Going to Arizona for Rehab: Should People Travel Away from Fond du Lac for Treatment?
Sometimes people prefer the idea of traveling in order to go to rehab. Arizona is a great state to choose to get help with one’s addiction. There are a lot of reasons why a person might opt to go to rehab in Arizona rather than attending a program in Fond du Lac.
- Going to rehab in Arizona can help people leave the stress of home behind and focus on recovering.
- It can provide more privacy to people who do not want to risk running into anyone they know during rehab.
- It may provide people with the chance to get the type of treatment they really need, such as holistic care.
- Going to rehab in Arizona can help people financially whose health insurance might not cover treatment near where they live.
- It can help people get into the right mindset for rehab.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Fond-du-Lac, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Fond-du-Lac AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Fond-du-Lac:
There are many Fond du Lac AA meetings taking place every week.
There are many Fond du Lac area Alateen meetings scheduled every week for young people.
There are several NA meetings scheduled in Fond du Lac every week.
There are many Fond du Lac SMART Recovery meetings each week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Talk with Us Today About Fond du Lac Drug and Alcohol Treatment and Arizona Rehab Options
At SpringBoard Recovery, our goal is always to help as many people recover as we can. Are you interested in learning more about your rehab options in Fond du Lac? Would you like to talk with us about traveling to Arizona for rehab? Either way, we can help. Please contact us.