DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Eau-Claire, Wisconsin
Where to Find Quality Treatment
Drug and alcohol rehab in Eau Claire, Wisconsin can restore hope to people with substance abuse problems. Many believe that there is nothing they can do to recover from their addictions. They may believe that treatment will not work for them, that it is too expensive, or there may be other barriers to treatment.
But the fact is that it is possible to recover from an addiction, and having the right support is critical. This is not something that anyone should ever try to do on their own. We want to help people in Eau Claire get more information about drug and alcohol rehab and how it can benefit them both in the short and long-term.
find meetings in or near Eau-Claire:
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Statistics in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Even though Eau Claire is a beautiful part of Wisconsin, it is not without its issues. Substance abuse is a big problem people are facing in this community, but it can be hard to understand the scope of it without seeing statistics.
According to the Community Health Assessment for the county:
- In 2016, there were 152 hospitalizations for self-inflicted wounds for every 100,000 people in the county.
- This is significantly higher than the amount for the entire state, which was 96 for every 100,000 people.
- On average, Eau Claire County residents reported experiencing 3.4 mentally unhealthy days over the last month.
- More than 20 people out of every 100,000 people die from suicide in the county.
- 83% of people believe that mental health is a serious problem because people do not feel comfortable getting help.
- 45% of the people in the county believe that mental health is an extremely serious issue for their community.
- In 2016, there were 824 drug arrests for every 100,000 people in the county.
- There were 340 drug-related hospitalizations for every 100,000 people.
- There were close to 2 opioid-related hospitalizations for every 1,000 people in the county between 2013 and 2014.
- 68% of people believe that substance abuse is a problem in Eau Claire County because drugs are so easily accessible.
- 31% of all driving deaths in Eau Claire County involved the use of alcohol.
- 18% of high school students report that they have consumed at least one alcoholic drink in the last 30 days.
- 25% of Eau Claire adults admit to participating in binge drinking.
- 72% of the people in the county believe that alcohol use is such a problem because drinking has become so accepted.
What is Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
Drug and alcohol rehab is a place where people can go to get help with their substance abuse problems. Many facilities offer dual diagnosis treatment, which is critical to help people who have co-occurring disorders. There are two main types of treatment people experience during rehab and they are detox and therapy.
The detoxification process involves treating withdrawal symptoms, which can make it really difficult to recover. There are also complications that can arise during the healing process and detoxing can help to reduce the risk of them. This is not required with all types of addictions. But it may be required for people who are addicted to certain drugs, such as stimulants, benzodiazepines and alcohol.
Therapy makes up the majority of what happens during rehab. It can provide people with insight into the issues that led them to start using. People typically receive many different types of therapy, including individual, family and group sessions.
How Many Addiction Treatment Facilities are Located in Eau Claire?
According to the SAMHSA treatment locator tool, there are a total of 8 drug and alcohol rehab facilities within 25 miles of Eau Claire. They are a mix of inpatient and outpatient programs. This number also includes sober living homes and detox programs.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Options in Eau Claire, WI
It is important for anyone who is considering going to rehab in Eau Claire to know what their treatment options are. There are several types of rehabilitation facilities for people to choose from. Not all of them are right for people who are new to treatment.
It can be beneficial to talk with a professional and get a recommendation before committing to any specific program. They can help people find the right one to meet their needs.
Inpatient rehabilitation programs are sometimes referred to as the Gold Standard of addiction treatment. This is where many people get their start with recovery. Inpatient rehab involves residential treatment in a facility for 28 days. During that time, people participate in various types of therapy, including individual sessions, group therapy and family counseling.
Many inpatient rehabs offer detox services at their facilities. Those that do not should provide their patients with referrals. That way, they can return to rehab to complete their treatment afterwards.
Drug and Alcohol Detox
One of the biggest reasons people put off getting treatment for addiction is because of withdrawal symptoms. Going through withdrawal can be extremely difficult, or even life-threatening, based on the drug a person is using. But drug and alcohol detox can provide the treatment that is needed to get through this phase of recovery safely.
There are a few different types of treatment that are available to people who go through the detoxification process.
- Medical detox – This involves providing medical supervision as well as medications to patients to help treat their withdrawal symptoms.
- Medication assisted treatment – MAT was designed to help with alcohol and/or opioid withdrawal symptoms. It has been shown to be very effective when combined with behavioral therapy.
- Holistic detox – Holistic detox treatment options include dietary changes, nutrition therapy, exercise and many other natural methods. It is often combined with the other two methods to maximize the results.
Outpatient rehab is there to help people who need a more flexible option for rehab. There are three main levels of care available.
- Intensive outpatient programs – IOPs provide a flexible outpatient rehab option for people who need it. The programs are usually held in the evening, which makes it easy for people to continue working or going to school during the day. Clients may be required to come to appointments 3-5 times per week.
- Traditional outpatient rehab – This is often called outpatient therapy and it offers the lowest level of care. For this reason, it may not be appropriate for people who are new to recovery. Outpatient rehab typically only involves counseling, although in some cases, group therapy may also be an option.
- Partial hospitalization programs – PHPs or day treatment programs offer treatment during the day. Clients may come to the program as often as 5-7 days per week and stay the entire day while they receive therapy.
Long-term rehab programs provide additional support for people who need a longer period of time to recover. Patients can stay for an extended period of time while they get the help they need. This level of care often works well for those with a history of relapsing or who have not done well with inpatient care in the past.
Sober Living Homes
Having a safe place to return home to is critical for people who are in recovery. But many people do not have that, and for them, going home after rehab is a sure way for them to relapse. Sober living homes provide residential opportunities for people while they are working toward meeting their goals.
12-Step programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous have been instrumental in the lives of millions of people worldwide. They offer peer therapy and support. There are several AA and NA meetings being held in Eau Claire each week.
Should People Think About Traveling to Arizona for Addiction Recovery?
A lot of people prefer the thought of traveling to Arizona to go to rehab, and for good reason. It offers a lot of benefits, such as:
- Helping them to form a new mindset with regard to recovery. Traveling can help people think differently and make them more motivated to stop using.
- Giving them the opportunity to release the cares of the world and fully focus on recovering from addiction.
- Giving them the privacy they need. Going to rehab in one’s own city can mean seeing people they would rather not see.
- Gaining access to preferred treatment methods, such as dual diagnosis treatment and holistic therapies.
- Wanting to relocate to a new area because continuing to live at home has become dangerous or toxic.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Eau-Claire, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Eau-Claire AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Eau-Claire:
There are many Eau Clair, Wisconsin AA meetings available for people in the local area.
Eau Claire has several Alateen meetings for young people to attend on a weekly basis.
There are several NA meetings being held in Eau Claire on a weekly basis.
There are several SMART Recovery meetings taking place in Eau Claire every week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Eau Claire
At SpringBoard Recovery, our goal has always been to help as many people recover from addiction as we can. We believe that traveling to Arizona from Eau Claire to get help has a lot of benefits.
Would you like to learn more about Eau Claire rehab programs or about our Arizona addiction treatment center? We can help you. Please contact us today.