DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Des-plaines, Illinois
Statistics and Treatment Information
Alcohol and drug rehab programs are readily available in Des Plaines, IL for those who need them. Sadly, people often do not realize the type of help that is available for them. Because of that, they will either continue to use believing there is no hope, or they will attempt to quit on their own. Both can be very dangerous.
Going to rehab is the best possible way to recover from addiction. It provides people with all the support they need to be successful in the long-term. Here, we want to discuss what alcohol and drug treatment is and how it can benefit people who live in Des Plaines.
find meetings in or near Des-plaines:
Substance Abuse Statistics in Des Plaines, Illinois
People often do not realize how serious the addiction problem is in their own communities. Des Plaines is no exception to that. This part of Illinois has a lot of people who are struggling because of substance abuse. It can be helpful to take a look at the statistics.
According to the Community Health Needs Assessment for Cook County:
- 33% of the people listed mental health as one of the three most important health problems in their community.
- 32% stated that substance abuse was one of the three most important health problems.
- 51% of the people stated that access to mental health services was the most important thing needed for a health community.
- Between 2012 and 2016, about 442 people died every year on average from suicide in Cook County.
- Compare this to the total for the state of Illinois during that time period, which was 1,358 on average for each year.
- In 2018, there were about 661 mental health-related ER visits for every 10,000 people in Cook County.
- Cook County has seen a dramatic rise in opioid overdose deaths since 2015.
Both mental health and substance abuse are serious issues in Des Plaines and they often go hand-in-hand. It is important for people to know that help is available for them so they can recover.
What is Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
Drug and alcohol rehab centers offer help to people who need to recover from their addictions. They provide professional support, which is desperately needed in order to recover successfully.
People often do not realize that their addictions have two sides that need to be addressed. The physical aspect is addressed through drug and alcohol detox. The psychological aspect is addressed through therapy during rehab.
Drug and alcohol detox is the process of removing toxins from the body that are related to substance abuse. It can help with withdrawal symptoms as well as by helping to prevent possible complications or emergency situations. Detoxing may be required for certain drugs, including alcohol, benzodiazepines and stimulants. It is also highly recommended for people who are addicted to opioids.
Drug and alcohol rehab is where people experience most of the therapy they will have during recovery. It is really important to determine what caused the person to get addicted in the first place. Once this is known, steps can be taken to treat the root issue. There are several types of treatment people participate in when they go to rehab, including individual, group and family sessions.
How Many Des Plaines Addiction Rehab Facilities are There?
The SAMHSA treatment locator tool indicates that there are a total of 17 drug and alcohol treatment centers in Des Plaines. They are all located within a 5-mile radius of the city. They offer various levels of care in order to meet the individual needs of people in need of treatment.
In Des Plaines, there are:
- 2 programs that offer drug and alcohol detox services.
- 11 facilities that offer telehealth services.
- 17 treatment centers that offer outpatient services.
- 1 inpatient treatment program.
- 2 partial hospitalization programs.
- 12 intensive outpatient programs.
- 1 long-term rehab center.
What Types of Addictions do They Offer Treatment For?
Every rehab facility in Des Plaines should be able to provide treatment for any addiction. There is no need for people to search for specialty programs that address certain types of substance abuse problems. Although, people do need to ask if they should go through the detoxification process first. If the facility does not offer detox services, they should ask for a referral.
Addictions are treated in similar ways, depending upon the individual person’s needs. This is because during rehab, the goal is to understand the root cause, and then treat it. For many people, this means addressing a mental health condition, or co-occurring disorder.
People who are looking for addiction treatment in Des Plaines can get professional help with all of the following:
- Alcohol addiction
- Heroin addiction
- Marijuana addiction
- Cocaine addiction
- Meth addiction
- Prescription painkiller addiction
Treatment is also available for any of the other drugs that are not listed here. There are many that can lead to addiction, but unless the root cause is treated, the person’s probability of recovering is not good.
Options for Drug and Alcohol Treatment in Des Plaines
People recover in ways that are unique to them. There are different levels of care available to ensure that everyone’s needs are met as they work toward getting and staying clean and sober. They include the following.
Drug and Alcohol Detox
Alcohol and drug detox may be needed in the early stages of recovery, as we mentioned earlier. It is so important to address withdrawal symptoms because they can become severe; especially without proper treatment.
There are a few different detox methods that many programs use, and they may also combine them to get the best results. They include:
- Medical tapering – This method may be offered to people who are addicted to prescription drugs, such as Vicodin or Adderall. Tapering involves lowering a person’s dose until they are no longer taking any of the drug at all. This method can help to lower the severity of withdrawal and some symptoms may even be eliminated.
- Holistic detox and withdrawal treatment – Holistic detox uses natural forms of treatment to help with withdrawal symptoms. Nutrition therapy is a major component, and the same is true for exercise and other natural treatments.
- Medication assisted treatment – Medication assisted treatment, or MAT, is a form of detox that can treat opioid and alcohol addiction. The FDA has approved certain medications to treat these substance abuse problems. They work well, and there are many people who have gotten excellent results from MAT. This type of detox also involves behavioral therapy.
- Medical detox – Medical detox involves the use of medications to help people with specific symptoms as they recover from addiction. For example, a person who is experiencing nausea may be given a medication to counteract that. It also ensures that medical personnel are available to monitor recovery in the event of an emergency or complication.
Inpatient drug and alcohol rehab offers a residential treatment option for addiction recovery. Programs typically run for about 28 days. Many inpatient rehabs offer detox services in-house, which is very convenient. It is best for people to not have much downtime in between detoxing and going to rehab.
During inpatient rehab, patients participate in many types of treatment and therapy. They will have their own therapist and they will meet with them regularly, even daily in the beginning. They will also participate in group therapy and they may also have family sessions. Many inpatient treatment centers offer 12-Step programs as well.
Inpatient rehab is usually where a lot of people begin recovering from addiction. It offers a high level of care, which is often needed when they have just stopped using.
Outpatient Rehab Options
Outpatient rehab has grown in popularity over the last several years. People are looking for more flexible treatment options that will work better with their schedules. There are even outpatient options available for people who have never had any other type of addiction treatment before.
Des Plaines has three main types of outpatient addiction treatment. They are:
- Traditional outpatient rehab – This level of care is usually not right for people who are new to treatment. Outpatient treatment usually only involves individual therapy sessions, although some programs might offer group therapy as well. Some may be more intensive and require as many as three appointments per week, but they are usually shorter in duration. This can be a great choice for people who have finished an inpatient program.
- Intensive outpatient programs – IOPs provide a higher level of care that many experts say is on par with what is offered during inpatient treatment. Clients live at home, go to work or school, and attend their appointments during the evenings. IOPs may run for about 12 weeks and include multiple types of therapy.
- Partial hospitalization programs – PHPs offer the highest level of care that is available on an outpatient basis. Clients come to the program during the day, and they stay for several hours at a time. While they are there, they participate with various types of therapy and other activities. PHPs focus on both mental health and substance abuse problems.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes provide safe places to live for people who are in recovery. They do not offer their own in-house addiction treatment programs. Instead, residents are required to obtain it on their own. Residents may be able to stay at the home for as long as they need to, but every sober living home is different.
Residents of sober living homes are required to pay rent, but there is usually no requirement for a security deposit. They may also need to agree to submit to drug testing and do chores around the house.
Long-Term Rehab Programs
Long-term rehab is an option that is available for people who need a longer period of time to recover. Many people who need this level of care have not done well with inpatient treatment in the past. They may have been addicted for a very long time or have a history of relapsing.
Many long-term treatment programs do not set a time limit on recovery. Patients can stay for as long as they need to. Both detox and therapy may be available at these facilities.
Most people are very familiar with 12-Step programs. Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are the two most popular programs in the U.S. They have helped millions of people successfully recover from their addictions.
It is important for people to understand that 12-Step programs are not run by professionals. They are overseen by others who are also in addiction recovery. But they do provide a peer therapy element that experts know to be essential.
What Should People Look for When Searching for Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Des Plaines?
With so many different options available for addiction treatment in Des Plaines, it can be hard to know how to choose the right one. They are not all the same, so knowing what to look for is critical to help people pick one that will offer them the most benefits.
The best drug and alcohol treatment programs in Des Plaines are those that:
- Provide patients and clients with their own, individual treatment plans. Everyone who comes to rehab is a unique person with their own needs. Their treatment should be personalized as much as possible. This will give them a higher chance of a successful recovery.
- Are accredited by The Joint Commission. This accreditation is not easy to obtain, and facilities need to meet extremely high standards in order to obtain it. Finding a rehab that has this accreditation will ensure that the quality of care will be high.
- Participate with the person’s health insurance company. Going to rehab can be expensive, but health insurance can offset a lot of the cost.
- Have nursing care available at all times. Recovering from an addiction can be dangerous, and medical emergencies can arise. Being in a medical facility means that nurses or other medical staff will be easily accessible in the event of a problem.
- Are smaller in size. Having too many patients or clients can cause people to feel like they are not getting the attention they need from staff. Smaller facilities have lower patient populations, and the quality of care tends to be much better.
Is Traveling to Arizona From Des Plaines for Rehab a Possibility?
Not everyone who lives in Des Plaines who is in need of addiction treatment will want to go to rehab close to home. This is understandable, and there are many benefits to going to rehab outside where a person lives. Arizona is a great place to travel for rehab for a lot of reasons. For example:
- It may not be wise for people who work in the public eye to go to rehab close to home. This is true for people in many types of professions. For instance, a doctor who needs to go to treatment could see some of their patients during rehab. The same is true for teachers, politicians and others. For them, maintaining their privacy is important, so it should come as no surprise when they want to attend treatment out of town.
- Not all Des Plaines rehabilitation facilities might offer the type of care a person is looking for. They may not offer holistic options for detox, or they may not provide personalized treatment plans for their patients or clients. Sometimes in order to get these and other important qualities, traveling is necessary.
- It may be helpful for people to travel away from home to go to rehab to escape their usual stressors. It can be very difficult to go to rehab in one’s hometown because the stress can still be there. Leaving home to get treatment can allow people to leave those worries behind.
- Recovery is a journey, and getting into that mindset can often be accomplished by going away to get treatment.
- When people go to rehab close to home, it may be hard for them to focus on themselves and what they need to do to get better. This should be a time when people are able to set aside their normal concerns and simply concentrate on their own needs.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Des-plaines, Illinois
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Des-plaines AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Des-plaines:
OUR REHAB CENTER
Find Out More About Des Plaines, IL Rehab Programs and Treatment Options
At SpringBoard Recovery, we want people to know that recovering from addiction is possible with the right support. This is not something that anyone has to do or should do on their own. Treatment can make a big difference, and it is often the catalyst that helps people stop using and embrace lives that are free from substance abuse.
Traveling to Arizona from Des Plaines for drug and alcohol rehab is certainly something to consider. We can help you or your loved one by giving them the tools they need to be successful.
Would you like to learn more about rehab options in Des Plaines? Please contact us today.