DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Brookfield, Wisconsin
Information About Alcohol and Drug Rehab
Addiction recovery is a goal that is a lot easier to attain for people in Brookfield, WI when they decide to go to drug and alcohol rehab. There are a lot of people living in this area of the state who need professional help for their substance abuse problems. Yet, many of them never get the assistance they need to be successful.
It can be hard to recover from an addiction. That is why people often relapse when they try to quit on their own. But treatment can make a big difference in their lives by giving them the tools they need to get and stay clean and sober. We want to take this opportunity to talk about alcohol and drug rehab in Brookfield and its many benefits.
find meetings in or near Brookfield:
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Statistics for Brookfield, Wisconsin
There are so many people who live in Brookfield who are in need of addiction recovery help. Many of them have resigned themselves to use for the rest of their lives because they have lost hope. Taking a look at the statistics can shed some light on the true scope of this problem.
According to the Community Health Assessment for 2019:
- Both mental health and drug and alcohol abuse were listed as high priority issues that need to be addressed in the years ahead.
- Wisconsin has the highest number of adults who regularly consume alcohol, drink heavily and participate in binge drinking.
- 26% of middle school students report that they first had alcohol at the age of 13.
- 32% of high school students state that they currently drink alcohol on a regular basis.
- This is true for 5% of middle school students.
- Vicodin and Oxycodone are the two prescription drugs that are most abused in the county.
- Heroin, cocaine, marijuana and meth were the four most abused illegal drugs in the county.
- The number of opioid overdoses and deaths because of overdosing on opioids has increased drastically in recent years.
- There are not enough providers in the Brookfield area to treat everyone who has mental health issues.
Drug and Alcohol Rehab Questions Answered
Going to alcohol and drug rehab provides a way for people to successfully recover from their addictions long-term. This is made possible because of the focus on treating both the physical and psychological sides of the problem. Neither side should be ignored because both are critical for recovery. There are two types of treatment offered during the rehabilitation process and they are detox and therapy during rehab.
Drug and alcohol detox can effectively help to minimize the severity of withdrawal. It can also protect people against possible complications that can happen when stopping certain types of drugs. Alcohol is an excellent example because of the risk of delirium tremens, which is a potentially fatal condition.
Therapy during rehab is also important for long-term success in recovery. The main goal of rehab is to treat the root cause of addiction. This could be any number of things, including excessive amounts of stress and mental health issues. People may participate in group, family and individual therapy sessions as they work through recovery.
How Many Addiction Treatment Programs are There in Brookfield?
The SAMHSA treatment locator tool indicates that there are a total of 10 drug and alcohol rehab programs within 5 miles of Brookfield. There are 68 of them within a 25-mile radius of the city. They are a mixture of inpatient and outpatient treatment centers.
What Types of Substance Abuse Treatment are Available in Brookfield?
There are several types of drug and alcohol rehab facilities in the Brookfield area. They offer different levels of care, which means they might not be right for everyone in need of treatment. It is important for people to get the type of help that will work best for them.
Talking with a professional to get their recommendation can be a critical part of this process. They can help people by telling them which level of care would be appropriate to meet their individual needs.
Alcohol and Drug Detox
Drug and alcohol detox is a very important part of the recovery process in many cases. It may be required for certain types of drugs, such as alcohol, benzodiazepines and stimulants. The goal with detox is to help people through withdrawal and hopefully allow them to avoid an emergency or complication.
There are a few different types of treatment that are offered to people going through detox, based on their needs.
- Holistic treatments are available to people who are going through the detoxification process. They use the body’s ability to detox itself and present a more natural approach to healing. Treatments like nutrition therapy, journaling and exercise are all examples of holistic care.
- Medication assisted treatment, or MAT, can help those who are addicted to alcohol and/or opioid drugs. There are several medications that have been FDA approved just for this reason. They can work well when used along with behavioral therapy.
- Medical detox ensures that every person is medically monitored and supervised for safety purposes. It also allows people to take medications to help with their withdrawal symptoms individually.
Inpatient rehab centers offer residential programs to help people recover from addictions. Many provide detox services in-house, but that is not always the case. Those that do not should always give referrals for area detoxification programs that they know and trust. Once the patient has detoxed, they can return to continue rehab.
People experience various types of therapy when they go to inpatient rehab. They include individual, group and family sessions. They also work with staff on relapse prevention and get help for any co-occurring disorders that could be contributing to their substance abuse problems.
Long-Term Rehabilitation Programs
Long-term rehab centers are also available for those who need an extended period of time to recover. This may be the case for those who have not done well with inpatient treatment in the past, or who have long histories of relapsing. This level of care allows people to stay for several months at a time if they need to.
Outpatient Rehab Options
Outpatient rehab programs are available for those who need a more flexible option for treatment. Please keep in mind that all of these may not be right for everyone when they are new to recovery.
- Partial hospitalization programs, or PHPs, provide day treatment services. Clients come to the program each day to get therapy. They may attend as much as 5-7 days per week.
- Intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs, usually operate during the evening hours. This can be beneficial for people with small children at home or who work or go to school during the day. Clients may be required to attend between 3-5 days per week.
- Traditional outpatient rehab offers frequently individual therapy sessions to people in recovery. It is usually utilized as a form of follow-up care because it does not provide a higher level of support.
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are two of the most popular 12-Step programs in the United States. They offer peer support to people who are recovering from addictions. They do not provide professional treatment because the meetings are conducted by others who are also in recovery.
Sober Living Homes
Sober living homes can be helpful for people during the transition between rehab and home. They offer a place for people to live while they continue to work on recovering from addiction. Sober living homes have strict rules that must be followed, including obtaining one’s own substance abuse treatment program and attending it regularly.
Traveling to Arizona from Brookfield for Rehab: Something to Consider?
Sometimes it simply is not feasible for people to go to rehab in their city. Instead, a lot of people may choose to travel to Arizona to get the addiction recovery help they need. There are a lot of reasons why this might be beneficial, such as:
- Being able to relocate to a new area if going back home could put them in a dangerous situation.
- Being able to improve their mindset about recovering with a change of scenery.
- Being able to get better treatment and support because, for example, they may not be able to find dual diagnosis treatment closer to home.
- Maintaining their privacy by going to Arizona where no one knows who they are.
- Having the opportunity to focus on one’s self during the healing process.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Brookfield, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Brookfield AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Brookfield:
There are several Brookfield area AA meetings being held on a weekly basis.
There are a few Brookfield Alateen meetings scheduled every week.
There are many NA meetings scheduled in the Brookfield area each week.
There are many Brookfield SMART Recovery meetings being held every week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Drug and Alcohol Treatment in Brookfield and Going to Arizona for Rehab
At SpringBoard Recovery, we have worked with people from all over the country. Many people decide to travel to Arizona to go to rehab because it has so many benefits. We want to help as many people as we can, regardless of where they live.
Would you like more information about going to rehab in Arizona? Are you interested in learning more about Brookfield’s drug and alcohol treatment options? Please contact us.