DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Berea, Ohio
Information and Options for Treatment and Recovery
There is a lot of help for someone who wants to end their addiction. Berea, OH has many choices for drug and alcohol rehab. According to the SAMHSA treatment locator tool, there are over 50 facilities within a 20-mile radius.
With that information, what other information is needed for people to decide to seek professional help with their addictions? Perhaps they just don’t understand everything that is involved with going to treatment. That is what we hope to do; help people see the benefits and expectations of drug and alcohol rehab in Berea.
find meetings in or near Berea:
Addiction Statistics in Berea, OH: What do the numbers show?
Many people in Berea need rehab but never make it to that step. They die either from overdoses or suicide before they can seek the professional help they need. The following statistics give a glimpse into the addiction window in Cuyahoga County, home to Berea.
The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office reported that:
- In 2018, there were 551 overdose deaths in the county. Many of those overdoses involved multiple drugs, including heroin, cocaine and fentanyl.
- The impact of fentanyl had gone up by 72.23%, almost more than cocaine (44.65%), heroin (27.22%), carfentanil (4.36%) and oxycodone (4.72%) combined.
- In a 38 month period, Cuyahoga County saw 1202 more fentanyl related deaths than in the 10 years before that.
Similarly, the Ohio Department of Health reported:
- While the percentage of fentanyl related overdoses decreased in 2018, the unintentional overdoses involving fentanyl that resulted in death increased from 71% to 73%.
- Unintentional deaths related to psychostimulants such as methamphetamines also increased from the previous year from around 7% to 15%.
A health assessment released by the Cuyahoga Community Health Needs Assessment
- 18-34 year olds had the most number of binge drinkers, but the alcohol consumed most often by binge drinking was by those over the age of 65
- Adults drink about 50% of the alcohol they drink in binge drinking while youth drink 90% of their alcohol by binge drinking.
- Almost 40% of fatal car accidents were alcohol related.
Understanding Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Drug and alcohol rehab in Berea has professionals to help people with their substance abuse problems. A program that treats both the physical and mental aspects of addiction will provide the optimal results. This is accomplished with two different treatments; detox and rehab.
The combination of both is the best way to make sure that people get what they need for a successful recovery. Understanding each of these treatments is helpful to a person before choosing a rehab.
Addiction has a physical toll on a person’s body. For most drugs and alcohol, people experience withdrawal symptoms when they stop using the substance. Detox rids the body of the toxins that come as a result of the substance abuse. It also lessens the withdrawal symptoms and the complications withdrawal can bring.
There are different kinds of detox that could be available. Some of those could be:
- Inpatient detox: this is medically supervised. This is required for some specific drugs and offers therapy throughout the process
- Outpatient detox: this is not recommended for people who are new to a treatment program
- Rapid detox: using medications to help withdrawal happen quicker than normal
- Ultra-rapid detox: similar to rapid except it is done under general anesthesia and symptoms will have passed when the person has woken up
Rehab and Therapy
Upon completion of detox, a person can begin the work on the mental aspects of their addiction. This is done through rehab therapy. Depending on the person’s needs, this can include individual, group or family therapy.
Rehab will help the professional provider to know what the root cause of the addiction is, thereby knowing what treatment to provide. Co-occurring disorders are common among people with substance abuse problems and are often the cause of it. The right therapy can deal with these, too.
Types of Alcohol and Drug Treatment Facilities in Barea, OH
Barea, Ohio offers many different kinds of drug and alcohol rehab centers. Needs are based on the individual and it is important for a person to be in the right program for them.
Outpatient Treatment Options
If someone wants or needs to live at home, outpatient rehab can be a good option. There are different types of outpatient rehab, including intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization and traditional outpatient programs.
Outpatient rehab can be very beneficial to those who have been through a treatment program before. They can continue to work or go to school while they can attend their therapy sessions and keep a fairly routine day. However, they must be committed to the program.
Inpatient Treatment Options
Inpatient rehab programs are typically what people go through when they first stop using the substance they have abused. Generally, inpatient rehab can be either a 28-day program or a long-term program. Long-term focuses more on severe substance abuse problems.
During an inpatient rehab stay, a person will go can encounter various types of therapy. These can include individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy and dual diagnosis treatment.
Sober Living Homes
After a person completes a rehab program, they may live in a sober living home. These are places where they can stay to continue their recovery and have the support they need from staff and co-residents. Many times, living here keeps a person from relapse. This is not as strict as rehab, though there are rules they have to follow.
Most people are familiar with Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. These two groups influence millions of people through their 12-step programs every day. Their recovery meetings are led by other individuals who are also going through the program. Berea has meetings for both of these groups different times throughout the week.
Traveling to Arizona for Rehab
Some people may not want to stay in Ohio for rehab. There can be many reasons for this decision. Some of those reasons might be:
- To break the daily routine: many times, a person who struggles with addiction has routines they have gotten used to that are unhealthy and unhelpful for their recovery. Being in Arizona can take them away from the bar where they used to stop or the local drug dealer, giving them a new environment without those triggers.
- A commitment to finish the program: rehab is a voluntary program that needs a total commitment from the participant. They can, however, leave if they want to. Being away from home makes the decision to leave a little more difficult because there is no one to pick them up and they have nowhere to go. They are also responsible for their own plane ticket back to Ohio.
- To limit distractions: there are many distractions that can come up. Some distractions may be triggers and temptations that could make them quickly relapse back into making undesired choices. Rehab in Arizona puts a good distance between them and these distractions.
- To maintain confidentiality and privacy: there are many people who fear being judged for going to rehab. They want their decision to remain private and there can be anxiety over possibly seeing fellow program participants in the community. If rehab is done in another state, the chance of this happening is very low and their information is always kept confidential.
- To experience different facilities: not all rehab facilities are the same. Some may offer gender specific treatments. Some may have addiction specific treatments. An Arizona facility may have exactly what a person needs that their local facility does not have. Exploring out of state options can help them know all the information.
- To start a new life: the goal of rehab is to set an addicted person up for lifelong sobriety success. This requires a fresh start and often times, this might need to be away from everyone and everything they are used to. They may have people who only see them as an addict or other people who judge them based solely on the actions they’ve done while they’ve been under the influence of the substance. Being in Arizona can give them time away for a while and start to see their true self, love themself first and build new relationships.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Berea, Ohio
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Berea AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Berea:
These are some of the AA meetings that take place in the Berea area throughout the week.
The following are the available Alateen meetings in the Berea, OH area through the week.
These are some NA meetings offered in Berea, OH throughout the week.
The following are some of the SMART Recovery meetings in the Berea area throughout the week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Berea, Ohio
We know the decision to go to rehab is difficult. Many people go back and forth in their decision making because they don’t realize how much it will help. At SpringBoard Recovery, we wanted to put together treatment recovery options for those who needed more information. Recovery is possible, and the necessary support is there to help in every possible way.
If you would like to talk to someone about your drug and alcohol options in Berea, we would love to help. Please contact us today.