DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Bellevue, Ohio
Alcohol and Drug Rehab: Treatment and Recovery Information
Making the decision to seek professional help for a drug or alcohol addiction can be overwhelming. There are several options in the Bellevue, Ohio area.
According to the SAMHSA treatment locator tool, there are 87 facilities within a 60 mile radius.
Knowing the right information can help make the decision less stressful. Many people don’t know what kind of professional help is available or where to look. They may not understand what happens during treatment. This guide is put together for the people of Bellevue, Ohio to see what is available to them for rehab.
find meetings in or near Bellevue:
Addiction Statistics in Bellevue, OH: What is the Need for Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
There is a need for drug and alcohol rehab everywhere. Some people reach out on their own, but oftentimes, people can be uninformed or confused about the help that is available to them. Too many people overdose before they have the chance to reach out for professional help the following statistics show the need for drug and alcohol rehab in Bellevue, Ohio.
MercyHealth – Willard Hospital released a Community Health Needs Assessment for Huron County and surrounding counties in 2019 that showed the following:
- In 2017, Huron County adults dealt with stress in multiple ways. Of those, 15% drank alcohol, 3% used prescription drugs as prescribed, 1% used illegal drugs and less than 1% misused prescription drugs.
- In the assessment, youth drivers were asked about their habits while driving and found the following: 3% said they have used marijuana, 2% drank alcohol, and 1% have used illegal drugs, all behind the wheel.
The 2020 Huron County Community Health Assessment found the following:
- Adults and youth report that substance abuse or addiction as being the top health problem in their county. 57.7% of adults and 22.1% of youth state this.
- In a month’s time, 30% of the county residents reported binge drinking at least one time.
- 41.1% of youths reported having had a drink with the median age being 13 for the first drink.
- 16% of adults know someone personally with a drug abuse problem.
Drug and Alcohol Rehab: What is it?
Rehab is the combination of treatments for the physical and mental sides of an addiction. Both sides need to be dealt with for the best chance of success. This comes through detox and different types of therapy. Understanding both of these is important before entering a rehab program.
Bellevue has rehab available to treat both of these. It is vital for a person to have all the information before they make a choice about where to go for treatment.
Drugs and alcohol are toxic substances for the body. This means they are poisonous and can cause serious harm in a person’s body. The toxins from these substances build up over time and are harder for the body to expel as theme goes on. This makes detoxification an important step in the process of recovery. Detox helps to rid the body of toxins while lessening the withdrawal symptoms that come with stopping the use of the substance.
Some might need a medically supervised detox. This is a detox done under the care of a qualified physician using medicine. Is it easier and safer for the individual. It is an effective method of detox and can extremely reduce the chances of relapse.
Rehab and Therapy
The mental side of the addiction is handled through rehab therapy. There are varying types of therapy that can be used in this, including individual, group and family therapy sessions.
Many times an addiction is not just about the drug or the alcohol. There is often more for the professional to uncover in the therapy sessions. Co-occurring disorders can often be the root of addiction. This is when an addict has a mental health disorder paired with the addiction and is common among substance abusers. This will be addressed during rehab.
Types of Alcohol and Drug Treatment Facilities in Bellevue, OH
There are various kinds of drug and alcohol treatment facilities in the Bellevue, Ohio area. The needs of the individual determines which program they will attend.
Outpatient Treatment Options
For those who are more familiar with rehab, outpatient rehab is something that might work for them. This allows the person to work or go to school and take care of family or house responsibilities while attending the necessary rehab therapy appointments.
Outpatient rehab is not recommended for more severe addictions or for those who are new to rehab. The person has to be committed to the program to be successful.
Inpatient Treatment Options
Inpatient rehab programs are designed for people who need to stay at the facility for their rehab. The programs are usually a 28-day stay but can be a long-term stay depending on the needs of the individual. The inpatient rehab is where a detox would happen and then the person would go on to the different types of therapy. They will work closely with the professional staff while there.
Sober Living Homes
Some individuals may not be able to go immediately back home after rehab for a variety of reasons. The option for them could be a sober living home. This is a place where addicts can live after rehab with other addicts and get support from one another. They have to follow certain rules but are allowed to work and live a fairly normal life. These can help prevent a relapse.
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are two 12- step program groups that most people are familiar with. Both of these groups are peer led and have meetings all over the country every day. Both of these groups have meetings in the Bellevue area at various times throughout the week.
Traveling to Arizona for Drug and Alcohol Rehab
There could be benefits for leaving Bellevue, OH for rehab. There can many reasons they may give for traveling out of state. Some of these reasons might be:
- To develop new habits: when an addiction develops, bad habits start to develop, as well. Whether it’s knowing the places and times to buy drugs or going to the bar for happy hour every night after work. Rehab in Arizona can remove and replace those bad habits and help them make new habits that are better for their life.
- A desire to finish the program: entering rehab is voluntary and when a person isn’t committed to finish it, being near home can make it easy to walk out and go home. Being several states away, in Arizona, would make it more difficult for them to leave because they would have nowhere to go. They would also have to find their own way back to Ohio.
- To limit distractions: when someone has distractions, they are less likely to be focused. An addict needs to be focused on their program and being at home can often present too many distractions to fully focus on rehabilitation. The distance from being in Arizona can help them leave the distractions at home.
- To protect privacy: many people feel like they will be judged for deciding to go rehab. They don’t want the anxiety of possibly being found out that can come from rehab near home. Being out of state, their privacy is protected and their is,little chance they will see someone they know while they are there.
- To experience different facilities: not every rehab facility is the same. Individual facilities may have specialized treatments that others do not offer. Maybe someone needs a specific drug treatment or a gender specific treatment. If a facility near Bellevue does not have the program necessary for care, a facility in Arizona could have exactly what a person needs.
- To start a new life: most addicts want to have a fresh start. They want to be able to be more than their addiction and learn how to love and care for themself. They want to get away from the judgement of those who know them and be able to create new relationships. They want to work on their self-esteem and learn how to take care of themself first. Being away from home is a great opportunity for all of this.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Bellevue, Ohio
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Bellevue AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Bellevue:
These are some of the AA meetings that take place in the Berea area throughout the week.
The following are the available Alateen meetings in the area through the week.
These NA meetings are offered in Bellevue, OH throughout the week.
These are some of the SMART Recovery meetings in the Bellevue area through the week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in the Bellevue, Ohio Area
Going to rehab can be a hard decision to make. Many times, people don’t know how helpful rehab can be. At SpringBoard Recovery, we wanted to put this information together so it can all be seen together. Understanding recovery can make rehab an easier decision.
If you want to ask someone about your drug and alcohol options in Bellevue, we would love to help. We are confident that you will get the assistance you need to recover and go on to live a full, happy life. Please contact us today.