DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Bellefontaine, Ohio
Treatment and Recovery Information for Alcohol and Drug Addiction
Bellefontaine, Ohio has many options for drug and alcohol treatment. Making the decision to go to rehab means a person is choosing to do the hard work to change their life forever. It takes time and commitment. If someone decides to go, they should know all the correct information about the rehab available near them.
According to the SAMHSA treatment locator tool, there are 105 rehab facilities within a 60 mile radius of Bellefontaine, Ohio. That provides a person a big variety to choose from. This guide is designed to help the community of Bellefontaine narrow down their choices and make a more knowledgeable decision.
find meetings in or near Bellefontaine:
Addiction Statistics in Bellefontaine, OH: What Is The Need For Rehab?
Some communities struggle more than others when it comes to alcohol and drug addiction. However, it is something that affects all communities in some way. Every community can benefit from rehab programs. Sadly, too many people die by overdose, suicide or accident before they ever have a chance to receive help for their addiction. The statistics for Logan County show the need for rehab in that part of Ohio.
The 2018 Logan County Community Health Risk and Needs Assessment showed the following:
- Almost 18.7% of adults reported having 1-2 days in a one month period.
- This number is higher for women (20.1%) than for men (16.4%). As the number of drinks went up, the percentages drank switched. Men were drinking more and it showed that there are more men binge drinkers.
- The income range that reported only 1-2 drinks was $15,000- $19,999 at 82.1% followed by $75,000- $99,999 at 81%. The income level that reported the most binge drinking was less than $15,000.
- There were 31 drug overdose deaths in Logan County.
- While the reporting of drug use was extremely low, they did find that some people reported misusing pain medicine. Less than 5% said they used it without a prescription or took a higher dosage. 2.2% reported misusing sleeping pills and 1.4% misusing benzodiazepines.
- 15.2% know someone who does heroin. 8.1% of the known heroin users are ages 21-40. Most of those known users (50.3%) are between 21 and 30.
Drug and Alcohol Rehab: What Happens During Rehab?
Drugs and alcohol affect the whole body. Physically, they can put stress on every system in the body. Mentally, they interfere with the way the brain sends and receives signals. Rehab helps by reviving these two parts of the body. It helps the person learn the tools of living life without the substance against. This can be accomplished through detox and therapy.
To help the physical side of the addiction, the toxins that the substance brings into the body need to be cleared out. This process of cleansing the body of the harmful toxins is called detoxification. They get built up over time and are harmful for the body. Detox can last for 5-12 day and can help reduce the symptoms of withdrawal. This also prepares the individual for the next step, which is rehab therapy.
People with a more severe addiction may need more than a normal detox. For these people, a medically supervised detox may be advised. This is the careful use of medicine by a medical professional to guide the person through detox. This is more comfortable for the person going through it. It is also safer and can seriously decrease the chance of relapse. There are three stages of this detox. They are: evaluation, stabilization and transition to active treatment.
Rehab and Therapy
To help the psychological part of the addiction, the person will begin rehab. This is done through different kinds of therapy sessions, including individual, group and family therapy. Sometimes, this is the hardest and longest because it can uncover some deep-seated issues that need to be changed.
A link that has been found is between mental health disorders and addiction. Many people have undiagnosed mental health problems and want to feel better, so they turn to drugs or alcohol, which only offers temporary relief. And then they go back for more, causing a vicious cycle. They will be diagnosed and treated for a co-occurring disorder.
Types of Alcohol and Drug Treatment Facilities in Bellefontaine, OH
There are different kinds of drug and alcohol treatment facilities in the Bellefontaine, Ohio area. A person should know about the type of rehab before they choose what facility to go to.
Outpatient Treatment Options
When a person wants to go to rehab but would rather live at home, they can do outpatient rehab. They are not required to check into an inpatient facility. They get the same accountability and support as an inpatient rehab. Being less expensive than inpatient rehab, their insurance likely will cover more. They can apply the things they are learning practically in everyday life. They should have a flexible schedule and a good support system at home.
Outpatient Rehab is not recommended for people who come from abusive homes, who may not have a strong support system at home, have a history of relapse or who cannot stay sober at home.
Inpatient Treatment Options
For some, more intensive rehab is needed. This is what inpatient rehab is for. This is a facility that is staffed professionally 24 hours a day. This rehab usually can last 28 days and the person will experience detox and begin therapy while they are there.
Inpatient rehab can provide people with a lot of support; especially during the earliest days of recovery.
Sober Living Homes
People can have a difficult time going back home after they finish rehab. They may choose to live in a sober living home. This is a house where a person can live with peers while they practice the things they learned in rehab. They are expected to work, pay bills, stay clean from drugs and alcohol, and follow the rules of the house.
Two 12-step programs that many are familiar with are Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. They help millions of people every day. The peer led meetings give each other accountability and support. There are meetings for both in the Bellefontaine area through the week.
Traveling to Arizona for Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Many people decide they do not want to stay near home for rehab. They can have a lot of reasons for wanting to leave their state, some of them being:
- To break old habits: many addicts have triggers. These are people, places or things that cause them to go back to their substance. They can be very damaging to an addict’s recovery efforts. If they choose an out of state rehab, their triggers can be left at home.
- To commit to the program: to be able to fully commit to their program, some people need to be further away from home. They need to be away from their safety net. This is a great reason to go to Arizona for rehab, states away from Ohio.
- To limit distractions: distractions make it difficult to focus on the things that need a person’s full attention. These can be very stressful on the person who is going through rehab. If they get away from the distractions by going out of state for rehab, they can reduce their stress and focus better on their program.
- To protect privacy: sometimes it can be hard for a person to maintain a low profile in rehab in their hometown because they may know a lot of people in the town. Because of this, people may talk about it. If they go to rehab out of state, their privacy can be ensured.
- To experience different facilities: every rehab has different things to offer, whether it is a different program or a beautiful view. The Arizona rehab facility has something for everyone.
- To start a new life: addicts want to have the opportunity to turn their life around. This takes a lot of work and a lot of healing. The best place for this could be out of state. .
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Bellefontaine, Ohio
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Bellefontaine AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Bellefontaine:
These are some of the AA meetings that take place in the Bellefontaine area throughout the week.
The following are some of the Alateen meetings in the Bellefontaine, OH area through the week.
These are some NA meetings offered in Bellefontaine, OH throughout the week.
The following are some of the SMART Recovery meetings in the Bellefontaine area through the week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in the Bellefontaine, Ohio Area
Rehab is a hard decision, but it is the right decision. People never intend to go down the dark road of addiction and rehab offers hope for a better future. We at SpringBoard Recovery put this guide together for the people of Bellefontaine, Ohio to have the information they need to have for treatment near them. To give them hope.
If you want to speak with a professional about your alcohol and drug addiction treatment options in Bellefontaine, Ohio, we would like to help. We know that if you have the right help it can get you started on your journey. Please contact us right away