DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Bedford-Heights, Ohio
Treatment and Recovery Information for Alcohol and Drug Addiction
There are many alcohol and drug addiction treatment options in the Bedford Heights, Ohio area. Addiction to alcohol or drugs does not have to be all a person ever knows. There are a lot of ways for someone to receive help for their addiction in their community. Unfortunately, far too many people addicts die by overdose, suicide or accident before they ever get the professional help they need.
According to the SAMHSA treatment locator tool, there are 170 rehab facilities within a 60 mile radius of Bedford, Ohio. Finding help can be overwhelming when faced with such a large variety of choices. This information is gathered together for the people of Bedford Heights to know more about what is available to them.
find meetings in or near Bedford-Heights:
Addiction Statistics in Bedford Heights, OH: How Big Is The Need For Rehab?
Every community battles addiction because it affects every community in some way. There comes a time in every city when they have to determine how big their need for rehab is and come up with a plan. The best way to do that is to see how the statistics change through the years. The following statistics show the need for rehab in the Bedford Heights, Ohio community, located in Cuyahoga County.
The MetroHealth Community Health Needs Assessment released in 2018 reported that:
- In Cuyahoga Count, 45% of the driving deaths involved alcohol. In Ohio, was 34%. (2011-2015)
- 3,396 people went to the emergency room for drug overdoses in 2016. This was double than the amount in 2015 and in 2017, there were 2,937 from January to July alone.
- The Cuyahoga County drug overdose death rate was 23 per 100,00. Ohios’s was 24. (2013-2015)
The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office reported:
- The following drugs saw an increase in their impact on the community: fentanyl by 72.23%, cocaine by 44.65%, heroin by 27.22%, oxycodone by 4.72% and carfentanil by 4.36%
- Cuyahoga County saw more deaths in just over 3 years related to fentanyl at 1202 than in the 10 years before that.
- In a little over 3 years, Cuyahoga County had 1202 more fentanyl related deaths than in the 10 years before that.
The Ohio Department of Health had similar findings:
- Unintentional overdoses they involved fentanyl resulting in death rose from 71% to 73%.
- Unintentional deaths that involved psychostimulants such as methamphetamines increased from around 7% to 15%.
The Cuyahoga Community Health Needs Assessment showed that:
- 18-34 year olds had the most number of binge drinkers but ages 65 and older consumed most of their alcohol by binge drinking.
- Half of the alcohol consumed by adults is drunk while binge drinking.
Drug and Alcohol Rehab: What Is It All About?
When someone gets addicted to alcohol or drugs, the need to rehabilitate their body and their mind. They have to relearn how to live without the substance again so they can live a healthy, full life. Rehab is necessary because it can help reverse the effects of addiction on the body and the mind. This can be started with detox and therapy.
Addiction causes a lot of stress on the body. It brings in a lot of harmful toxins that can damage every system working in the body if they are not dealt with. The process of cleaning the toxins out of the body is called detoxification. This process can last 5-12 days and can reduce withdrawal symptoms. This will prepare the person for rehab therapy.
A medically supervised detox might be necessary. This is usually for a person who has a more severe addiction and they are guided through the addiction by a medical professional carefully using medicine. This is a safer method of detox and is more comfortable for the person, decreasing their chances of relapse. There are three stages to this method: evaluation, stabilization and transition to active treatment.
Rehab and Therapy
The mental aspect is helped through rehab. This is done with different types of therapy, including individual, group and family counseling. The professionals working with the person find the right combination to help the person the best way they can.
Oftentimes, an addict will also have an underlying mental health disorder. This is known as a co-occurring disorder and will be diagnosed and treated during rehab. This is common among addicts because many times, people want relief from their mental health issues and they turn to drugs or alcohol to feel better.
Types of Alcohol and Drug Treatment Facilities in Bedford Heights, OH
Bedford Heights, Ohio has a variety of choices for drug and alcohol treatment facilities. A person should know all types available to them. Making an informed decision is critical, and it can even help to talk with a professional to get their recommendation prior to making a commitment.
Outpatient Treatment Options
For some, outpatient rehab is the best option. They get to live at home while they work out their rehab program. They still have the opportunity to work and take care of their responsibilities. They are expected to make it to their counseling sessions as this is vital for success. People who have a flexible schedule, have a good support system at home and who have no co-occurring disorders are good candidates for this type of rehab.
Outpatient Rehab is not recommended for everyone. If someone is new to rehab, comes from abusive homes, has co-occurring disorders, has a history of relapse or cannot stay sober at home, they should consider inpatient rehab.
Inpatient Treatment Options
When intensive rehab is needed, then a person would check into inpatient rehab. This is a professionally staffed facility where people live, usually for 28 days, longer if needed. They will experience detox therapy while there.
Sober Living Homes
For those who have completed a rehab program but are not quite ready to live on their own yet, a sober living home could be a good place to go. This is a house where there are rules to follow, such as living sober, paying bills and following curfew. They live with peers who can support their efforts of living a sober life.
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous 12-step programs that help millions of people nationwide every day. They have peer led meetings that offer accountability and support. There are meetings for both in the Bedford Heights area throughout the week.
Traveling to Arizona for Drug and Alcohol Rehab
There are a number of people who choose out of state rehab. There are many benefits to this choice. Those could include:
- To break old habits: many addicts form unhealthy habits that manifest in triggers. These are anything that send them right back to the square one, undoing their recovery efforts. A rehab out of state will almost surely leave those at home and help the person make new habits.
- To commit to the program: for some, being several states away is the best way to know how to commit to their program. They have nowhere to go if they walk out the door to leave. An Arizona rehab can help them to fully commit.
- To limit distractions: there are many distractions at home and these can cause a person to feel stress and lose focus. Going out of state will help leave those distractions at home so the focus can be on rehab.
- To protect privacy: the best way to protect privacy is for a person to go to a place where no one knows them. Being out of state, they can go through their rehab without the anxiety of being judged for their decision.
- To experience different facilities: sometimes, people go out of state to go to a different facility. It may have something their home facilities do not have. The Arizona rehab facility might be exactly what a person needs.
- To start a new life: every addict needs a chance to start new. They need to get away from the old way of life, away from bad relationships and patterns and build new ones. Rehab in another state can start a healing in them that moves them forward in their new life.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Bedford-Heights, Ohio
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Bedford-Heights AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Bedford-Heights:
These are some of the AA meetings that take place in the Bedford Heights area throughout the week.
The following are the available Alateen meetings in the Bedford Heights, OH area through the week.
These are some NA meetings offered in Bedford Heights, OH throughout the week.
The following are some of the SMART Recovery meetings in the Bedford Heights area through the week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in the Bedford Heights, Ohio Area
The right kind of help is available. Rehab offers hope to those who are addicted to drugs or alcohol. At SpringBoard Recovery, we wanted the people of Bedford Heights, Ohio to know the information contained in this guide so they can reach out for the help they need.
If you want to speak with a professional about your addiction treatment options in Bedford Heights, Ohio, we want to help you. We believe that if you get the right help it can start on your journey. Please contact us right away.