DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Bay-Village, Ohio
Alcohol and Drug Rehab Recovery Information
Anyone who is choosing to go to rehab is deciding to change their life forever. It can be overwhelming without all the proper information even if there are many programs available in the area. Having the facts about drug and alcohol rehab can help them make a more informed decision about where to go for recovery.
According to the SAMHSA treatment locator tool, there are 146 facilities within a 60 mile radius of Bay Village, Ohio. With so many choices, it can be hard for a person to know how to narrow down exactly where to go. This guide is provided for the people of Bay Village to have a better idea of how to get the help they need.
find meetings in or near Bay-Village:
Addiction Statistics in Bay Village, OH: How Big Is The Need For Rehab?
Every community has a need for rehab. There are many factors that determine if a person gets the help they need, including where the facility is, how much it costs and their own desire for recovery. Sadly, too many people die by overdose, accident or suicide before they can get the needed professional care. Looking at the statistics for Cuyahoga County, it becomes evident that people in that county need drug and alcohol recovery resources.
The 2018 Cuyahoga Community Health Assessment reported the following:
- 1.3% of hospitalized patients had a primary diagnosis of alcohol dependence. At 0.9%, opioid dependence is not too far behind. Nicotine dependence was a secondary diagnosis for 10.4% of the cases in 2016.
- There were 713.7 arrests for illicit drug use in Cleveland, a neighbor to Bay Village, per 100,000 people.
- In Cuyahoga County, there were 44.9 drug-induced deaths per 100,00 people. The national measure was 11.3. Cleveland was 73.8.
- In Cuyahoga County, the illicit drug usage rates per 100,000 by age show that the 35-49 year old range has the highest usage at 75.2, followed by ages 50-64 at 66.9, ages 18-34 at 64.9 and ages 65+ at 15.1.
- Males have a higher use age rate at 66.5 per 100,00 with females having a usage rate of 25.
- The unintentional opioid related death rate in Cuyahoga County was 38.2 per 100.00
- Broken down by age per 100,000, the highest death rate was among the 35-49 year olds at 63, followed by 18-34 year olds at 56.8, ages 50-64 at 56 and ages 65+ at 11.6.
- Males had the highest death rate at 56.6 per 100,000 with females having a rate of 21.4.
Drug and Alcohol Rehab: What Is Rehab?
Addiction is very harmful to a person and there are many internal and external consequences that come from it. Rehab equips the person to confront the addiction by treating both the physical and the mental sides of it. Detox and therapy work together to get the person closer to their goal of recovery.
When addicted to a substance, it builds up toxins that are damaging to the body. If not cleansed from the body, they can become deadly. Detoxification cleans the toxins and the drugs or alcohol out of the body. This can help ease withdrawal and can last for 5-12 days. Detox should get the person ready for rehab.
Some people with severe addictions might go through a medically supervised detox. This significantly reduces the chances of relapse. It is safer and makes the person more comfortable. There are three stages to this detox: evaluation, stabilization, and transition to active treatment. There is always a qualified medical professional supervising present during this.
Rehab and Therapy
Rehab is the process of using individual, group and/or family therapy to help repair the mental side of the addiction. With a strong emphasis on individual counseling, this is a very important part of rehab because those mental reasons for the addiction need to be healed.
Oftentimes, there will be therapy for co-occurring disorders. This is when a person has an underlying mental health disorder along with their addiction. There is a strong link between mental health disorders and addiction because people want to feel better, so they turn to drugs or alcohol.
Types of Alcohol and Drug Treatment Facilities in Bay Village, OH
The Bay Village, Ohio area has many choices for alcohol and drug treatment facilities. Each type offers something different depending on the needs of the individual.
Outpatient Treatment Options
Some people have responsibilities at home and cannot commit to inpatient rehab and are referred to outpatient rehab. This is a great alternative to checking in at a full care facility. There are many benefits to outpatient therapy: they can go to work or school, they can still have accountability, insurance will cover more and they get the chance to put what they have been taught into practice in a daily living setting.
Outpatient Rehab may not be for everyone. It works well for those who can work the counseling sessions into their schedule or take time off work, have a strong support system at home and have no co-occurring disorders. Those who have a history of relapse, come from an abusive situation, have multiple addictions or co-occurring disorders, or just doubt their ability to stay sober on their own should opt for inpatient therapy.
Inpatient Treatment Options
Inpatient rehab is a much more intensive therapy program. It provides 24-hour care where a person checks in to to work on their recovery. It is typically a 28-day program, but that can be longer if needed. Detox will be done and therapy sessions will begin while here.
Sober Living Homes
Some people go to a sober living home after their rehab program. The transition back to daily life might be daunting and this could be a way for them to put the things they have learned into practice while having a safe place to live. They receive support from fellow residents and from staff who work there, but they are expected to follow the rules of the house.
For many years, people have found success with 12-step programs, such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. These steps help them as they go through recovery. They have accountability and a strong support system through the meetings that are led by peers, increasing their chance of success.
Traveling to Arizona for Drug and Alcohol Rehab
There are many good reasons to get away from home for a while and go out of state for a while. Some of these might be:
- To break old habits: addicts develop triggers in the course of their addiction. These are people, places or things that send them spiraling back to their drug of choice. An out of state rehab can leave the triggers behind and help them create new, healthy habits.
- A commitment to their program: rehab programs are voluntary and without a full commitment to complete the program, a participant can leave anytime they want to. Being in Arizona for rehab means they have nowhere to go if they leave, so it would be harder to decide to just walk out.
- To limit distractions: part of recovery is being able to stay focused on what is taught in rehab. A person should be able to leave all distractions at home and this could be easier to do by going states away, to Arizona.
- To protect privacy: privacy is very important to most people who enter a rehab program because they have anxiety about being judged for their decision. Sometimes, the best thing is to get away for awhile and going to rehab in Arizona to protect their privacy.
- To experience different facilities: not all rehab facilities are the same and a person may want to travel out of state just to experience a different state or a different facility.
- To start a new life: addicts need the opportunity to have a fresh start. They want to be able to build healthy relationships, learn how to take care of themself and, most importantly, learn how to live sober. They can begin the healing process with rehab in Arizona.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Bay-Village, Ohio
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Bay-Village AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Bay-Village:
There are several Alateen Meetings held weekly in the Bay Village, Ohio area. Please note that if there are no local Alateen meetings, young people are welcome to join in with Alateen chat meetings. They are moderated by adults and are for teens between 13 and 18 years of age.
There are several NA Meetings held in Bay Village, Ohio each week.
There are several SMART Recovery meetings taking place in the Bay Village, Ohio area each week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in the Bay Village, Ohio Area
Rehab can change a person’s life forever. Recovery begins with knowing the right information and where to to find it. At SpringBoard Recovery, we wanted the people of Bay Village to have this guide to help them be more informed about their options for alcohol and drug rehab. It is possible to recover from addiction with the right support.
If you need to speak with a professional about your options in Bay Village, Ohio, we want to help. We know the right help can start you on your journey. Please contact us right away.