DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Barberton, Ohio
Alcohol and Drug Rehab: Information for Treatment and Recovery
Rehab is a great tool for anyone who wants to recover from drug or alcohol addiction. With the right information about what is available in their area, a person can enter a program and begin their journey to sobriety. According to the SAMHSA treatment locator tool, there are 176 facilities within a 60 mile radius of the Barberton, Ohio area.
With so many places to choose from, the decision about where to go can be overwhelming, especially for someone who is new to the process. This guide is available to help the people of the Barberton community be able to make a more informed decision for their recovery needs.
find meetings in or near Barberton:
Addiction Statistics in Barberton, OH: What Is The Need For Recovery?
When evaluating a community’s need for recovery rehab, it is important to look at data collected from years before to determine where the largest needs are. Sadly, many people cannot get the professional help they need before they die of overdose, accident or suicide. The statistics for the Barberton, Ohio area show the need for rehab in that community.
The Summit County Community Health Improvement Plan from 2015 reported the following information:
- 7.9% of Summit County residents reported they abuse alcohol
- According to the Akron EMS responses, there are 1.9 overdoses a day
- The Summit County DUMP (Dispose of Unused Medications Properly) program incinerated 8,782 pounds of prescription drugs in that year.
- DAWN (Death Avoided With Naloxone) gave 207 kits to residents with addictions to opiates.
- There has been a rise in the amount of the number of prescription opiates including OxyContin, hydrocodone and fentanyl. This is partially due to over-prescribing.
- In just 3 months, there were 8,388,779 doses of opiate pain medications dispensed to Summit County residents. Based on a full year, it would be enough for every man, woman and child in the county to have 16 doses.
- Among women who enter treatment, opiates are the number drug choice and number two for men.
- Opiates are involved in more than ⅔ of the county’s detoxifications and there is the most loss among opiate-involved residents. This all causes higher treatment costs and an increased demand for high cost services.
Drug and Alcohol Rehab: What To Expect When You Go
There are two sides to every addiction: the physical side and the mental side. A good treatment program will help repair both. This can be accomplished with rehab.through a combination of detox and therapy, a team of professionals helps them work toward their goals. It is helpful to know more about both of these parts of rehab.
Drugs and alcohol introduce toxic substances to the body. They are harmful for the body that can eventually be deadly if they keep building up, which is what happens with long term addiction. Detoxification removes those toxic substances, or toxins, from the body. In order to stop dependence, the toxins need to be cleared. Detox can help decrease withdrawal symptoms.
For severe addictions, especially alcohol addictions, a medically supervised detox may be necessary. This drastically reduces the chances of relapse and is safer and more comfortable for the person going through it. There is always a qualified medical professional supervising this detox.
Rehab and Therapy
Rehab uses different kinds of therapy sessions to deal with the mental aspect of the addiction. This can take longer to repair because there could be years of things the person has to work through to get to the root of the addiction. Most people will have a mix of individual, group and family therapies.
Common among substance abuse addicts are co-occurring disorders. This is when the person has one or more underlying mental health issues that need to be treated. This can be diagnosed during the rehab time.
Types of Alcohol and Drug Treatment Facilities in Barberton, OH
There are many drug and alcohol treatment facilities to choose from the Barberton, Ohio area. Selecting the right place for recovery is important to get the best treatment a person can.
Outpatient Treatment Options
Some people have responsibilities at home that prevent them from checking into a full time facility. They could be referred to outpatient rehab. This is when they can go to work, go to school and take care of things at home while working their recovery program. They are expected to attend all of their therapy sessions and whatever else they need to complete their program.
This rehab is not recommended for anyone who is new to treatment or for people with severe addictions. These groups of people can tend to have a higher risk of relapse. People in outpatient rehab need to have a good support system at home and total commitment to their program.
Inpatient Treatment Options
Inpatient rehab is a 24-hour care facility where a person checks in to and works on their recovery. The typical stay is 28-days, but that can be extended if needed. They can expect to go through detox and therapy while staying here.
Sober Living Homes
Some people may go to a sober living home after they leave inpatient treatment. They may not be ready to transition back to daily living, so this is a place where they can live to help them continue with the tools they learned from rehab. They live with other people, have strict rules to follow and also have freedom to come and go.
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are two familiar organizations who help millions of people every day. They have meetings led by group participants and follow the 12-step format. They offer support and accountability for their members. Both of these groups have meetings throughout the week in the Barberton, Ohio area.
Traveling to Arizona for Drug and Alcohol Rehab
There are some people who prefer to stay close to home for rehab. However, many people choose to go out of state for a number of different reasons. Some of those reasons could be:
- To develop new habits: as a person’s addiction grows, they develop bad habits that can keep them trapped in their addiction. There are people, places and things that become triggers for them, leading them right back to the frugs or alcohol. Going to rehab in Arizona can help them get away from those triggers and learn how to create new, healthy habits.
- A commitment to finish the program: people who enter a rehab program are free to leave the program any time they want to because rehab is voluntary. If they are near home, they can simply walk out and go home or have someone pick them up. Being at a rehab in Arizona makes this harder for them to do because they have nowhere to go and know few people to call. They will also have the added stress of finding transportation back to Ohio.
- To limit distractions: rehab is so important to recovery and it needs the person’s full focus. Everyday life can distract them from staying the course which can set them back in their efforts. Being out of state allows them to leave their distractions at home.
- To protect privacy: many people feel like others will judge them for deciding to go to rehab. For that reason, they want to keep their decision private. They may have anxiety about seeing peers from the program in the community and not knowing how to interact with them around friends. This would be greatly reduced if they were at rehab in Arizona because they likely would not know as many people out of state.
- To experience different facilities: one quality of an Arizona rehab might be a treatment that a Barberton facility does not have. Knowing the needs of the person can make this an important decision as every facility is different.
- To start a new life: addicts want the opportunity for a fresh start. They would like to have the chance at success without the judgements of friends and family. They want to learn how to take care of themselves first before caring for others. Being in Arizona, they can have a chance for success at a new life.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Barberton, Ohio
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Barberton AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Barberton:
There are several AA Meetings in Barberton, Ohio taking place every week.
There are several Alateen Meetings held weekly in the Barberton, Ohio area.
There are several NA Meetings held in Barberton, Ohio each week.
There are several SMART Recovery meetings taking place in the Barberton, Ohio area each week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in the Athens, Ohio Area
Rehab can be a great first step for those who want to recover from drug and alcohol addiction. At SpringBoard Recovery, we put this information together for the people of Barberton, Ohio. We want them to be informed so they can make the right decisions.
If you would like to speak with a professional about your drug and alcohol options in Avon, we want to help. We believe having proper help can start you on the right path. Please contact us right away.