DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Avon-Lake, Ohio
Alcohol and Drug Rehab: Information for Treatment and Recovery
Rehab can change the life of an addict forever. When they decide to get the help they need, they should have all the information they can to be able to make the right decisions about treatment. The need to know what help is in their area and how to get that help. In the Avon Lake, Ohio area, there are 145 facilities within a 60 mile radius, according to the SAMHSA treatment locator tool.
With so many options in the area, it is important to know all of the options and what is expected during treatment. This guide is meant to help the people of Avon Lake be a little better informed about recovery choices in the area.
find meetings in or near Avon-Lake:
Addiction Statistics in Avon Lake, OH: What Is The Need For Recovery?
Every community needs to assess their need for drug and alcohol rehab. They should look at the past years and what areas need the most help. Far too often, people die of overdose before they have an opportunity to get help for their addiction. The number of overdoses needs to be counted, as well. The following shows statistics for Avon Lake, Ohio, one of the communities in Lorain County.
In 2019, the Lorain County Mental Health, Addiction and Recovery Services Board released a report that showed the following:
- Concerning drug usage:
- Ohio was ranked second in the country for deaths from drug overdose in 2016, with 39.1 deaths per 100,000 people.
- Lorain County ranked 8th in the state with 358 deaths from drug poisoning between 2015 and 2017.
- With 88 overdose deaths in 2018, Lorain County did see a decrease from the previous year. While 68% of these were from the county’s two most populous cities, drug abuse impacts every area of Lorain County.
- There were communities in Ohio that had a high opioid overdose but death rate but low availability of medication providers for Opioid Use Disorder in 2017. Lorain County was listed as one of these communities.
- In 2016, the economic burden from the opioid epidemic in Lorain County got up to $200 million. There were several substantial impacts by this, including: lost wages, productivity and tax revenue and increased healthcare costs.
- Regarding alcohol use:
- In 2018, in one month period, 62% of adults in Lorain County reported having at least one alcoholic drink.
- 21% would be considered binge drinkers, having drank more than four or five drinks at once.
- 8% reported drinking and driving in that month’s time period.
Drug and Alcohol Rehab: What Happens During Treatment?
Before choosing where to go for recovery, the individual should understand what happens during treatment. Rehab combines treatment for the physical and mental side of the addiction. This is done with detox and therapy working together, bringing the person closer to the goal of recovery. The person should know what to expect with both of these aspects of recovery.
Drugs and alcohol are harmful substances for the body. They introduce toxins that the body has a hard time expelling on its own. The longer the substance is in the body, the more harmful it is. Thus the need for detoxification. During this step, the toxic substances are cleared from the body. Detox helps lessen withdrawal symptoms that come with stopping a drug or alcohol.
Some people may need a medically supervised detox. This can be a more effective way to detox that can be safer for the individual and make them more comfortable. This is always done under the care of a qualified medical professional and it greatly decreases the chances of relapse.
Rehab and Therapy
Sometimes, knowing what the mental component of the addiction is can be harder to treat because there can be many reasons for a person to turn to using drugs or alcohol. This is why there is a need for rehab through therapy. Most of the time, multiple therapies will be utilized, including individual, group and family therapies.
One of the reasons for the addiction could be co-occurring disorders. This is when the addict has one or more underlying mental health issues that have to be dealt with. This can be common among substance abusers and will be treated during therapy.
Types of Alcohol and Drug Treatment Facilities in Avon Lake, OH
There are a variety of treatment facilities to treat drug and alcohol addiction in the Avon Lake, Ohio area. What the individual needs to reach recovery are what will determine where they go for treatment.
Outpatient Treatment Options
Some people who seek treatment want to be able to live at home and go to work or school, take care of their children or house responsibilities and continue their daily life. They could possibly start outpatient rehab. They would not check into a facility but would be expected to work their program and attend their therapy sessions.
Those with severe addictions are not good candidates for outpatient rehab. Having less strict boundaries puts them at more risk for relapsing. People in this type of treatment must be committed to their program and have a strong support system at home.
Inpatient Treatment Options
Inpatient rehab are live-in facilities for people with more severe addictions. The stay is usually 28 days but can be longer if the person needs more time for treatment. They will go through detox and therapy during their stay there. The professionals help them learn about their addiction and how to live without drugs or alcohol.
Sober Living Homes
After an inpatient treatment program, some may not feel ready to move into daily living alone right away. At this time, they could be sent to a sober living home. They can work or go run errands while there, but they also have to follow strict rules to help them stay on their road to recovery.
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are two well known 12-step programs who help millions of people every day. With peer led meetings all over the country, they offer accountability, support and anonymity to its participants. There are meetings in the Avon Lake, OH area for both of these groups.
Traveling to Arizona for Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Some people consider traveling out of state for rehab. There are many benefits for doing this. Some of those include:
- To develop new habits: many addicts develop bad habits over time that leads to triggers. These are any number of things that can cause the person to relapse back into their addicting behaviors. If they are states away, in Arizona, these triggers will not be there and they can focus on making new, healthier habits.
- A commitment to finish the program: every rehab patient should want to finish, but rehab is hard. It is also voluntary which means if a person wants to leave at any time, they can. If they are at rehab in Arizona, it is not as easy to leave because there is no one to pick them up and they cannot just walk home. They are also responsible for getting their own ride home.
- To limit distraction: because rehab requires a person to be very focused, distractions can be harmful to their recovery efforts. Out of state rehab can give them much needed time away from home in a place where distractions will be minimal.
- To protect privacy: privacy is important to people and many people who enter rehab do not want a lot of people to know about their decision. This is because there can be a social stigma behind going to rehab. Privacy can be well maintained in an Arizona rehab because they likely do not know anyone who lives there.
- To experience different facilities: rehab facilities are not all the same. Therefore, some may have a specialized treatment that another may not have. An Avon Lake treatment center may not have something that an Arizona treatment center does.
- To start a new life: addicts often get to be known by their addiction. They get judged by many people who know them and they have a difficult time getting away from those judgements. Going to Arizona for rehab can help them get away, start fresh and build new relationships.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Avon-Lake, Ohio
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Avon-Lake AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Avon-Lake:
There are several AA Meetings in Avon Lake, Ohio taking place every week.
There are several Alateen Meetings held weekly in Avon Lake, Ohio.
There are several NA Meetings held in Avon Lake, Ohio each week.
There are several SMART Recovery meetings taking place in the Avon Lake, Ohio area each week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in the Athens, Ohio Area
At SpringBoard Recovery, we know that going to rehab can be a difficult decision to make. But, it can also be the best decision a person can make. This guide is to help the people of Avon Lake, Ohio be more informed about their recovery options.
If you have a drug or alcohol addiction problem and would like to speak with a professional about your options in Avon Lake, we are here for you. Getting the help you need can start you on the right path. Please contact us right away.