DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Ashland, Ohio
Information About Treatment and Recovery
When an addict comes to the point that they realize they need professional help for their drug or alcohol addiction, they need to know the correct information. Ashland, Ohio offers many options for treatment. The SAMHSA treatment locator tool shows that there are 156 facilities within a 60 mile radius.
Armed with the correct information will be vital in starting on the right path toward recovery. When a person is not aware of what kind of professional help is available or where to find it, it can be easy to stop before they start. This guide of for the people of Ashland, Ohio to see all they have access to for help.
find meetings in or near Ashland:
Addiction Statistics in Ashland, OH: What is the Need for Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
Deciding to reach out to a professional for drug and alcohol addiction help can be extremely difficult for some people. All too often, people will overdose before they do get the help they want and need. They may not have known how to do it or may simply have felt alone. The following statistics show the story that the Ashland, Ohio area tells about the need for help.
The 2019 Ashland County Community Health Needs Assessment released the following:
Regarding alcohol usage:
- 54% of Ashland County residents had at least one drink in a month’s period. This increased to 59% with an income greater than $25,000. Of all these, 43% had at least one binge drinking episode.
- The average number of drinks was 3.4; 4.5 for males.
- 23% would be considered binge drinkers.
- 31% have driven after drinking alcoholic beverages; 38% for those with an income greater than $25,000
Regarding drug usage:
- In a six-month period, 6% of adults had used a prescription drug that was not prescribed to them or took more than the dose prescribed. They did this for the feeling (feel good or high) and/or to be more active or alert. For those with an income greater than $25,000, this number is 11%.
- 58% of adults had been prescribed opioids in their life. 1% of those had trouble stopping the medication.
- 4% of adults have used recreational marijuana. 5% plan to obtain medical marijuana when it is available. That number increases to 15% for the higher incomes.
- 5% of adults have used other recreational drugs such as cocaine, K2, heroin, LSD, methamphetamines, etc.
- Only 1% of Ashland County residents reported using a program to help with a drug problem for either themself or a loved one.
Drug and Alcohol Rehab: How Does It Help?
Addiction affects both the physical and mental parts of a person. Rehab combines treatments for both. This is the best formula for success. This happens through detox and various forms of therapy. Having an understanding of both of these is important before starting rehab. Ashland has many programs available to treat these and it is important to know what happens with each of these.
Drugs and alcohol are poisonous for the body. They bring toxins in and over time, those toxins build up. When a person decides to stop using, the toxins need to be removed from their body first. This is done by detoxification. This is needed because the body has a hard time getting rid of the toxins on its own. Detox lessens the withdrawal symptoms that come with stopping the use of the substance.
In some cases, a medically supervised detox might be necessary. This is detox done using medication under the supervision of a qualified physician. It is an effective method of detox that is safer and easier for the individual. The chances of relapse are drastically reduced with this method.
Rehab and Therapy
To help the mental side of addiction, rehab therapy is needed. This can be accomplished with different types of therapy including individual, group and family sessions.
Many times an addiction goes deeper than a person just wanting the substance. The professional will need to get to the root of the addiction, which can be a mental health disorder paired with the addiction. If this is the case, they would need therapy for co-occurring disorders and this can be common among addicts.
Types of Alcohol and Drug Treatment Facilities in Ashland, OH
The Ashland, Ohio area offers a variety of drug and alcohol treatment facilities. The individual will attend the facility that best suits their needs.
Outpatient Treatment Options
If a program participant wants to be able to go to work or attend school and continue their daily responsibilities, outpatient rehab may be a good idea for them. A person in this kind of program will attend meetings and/or therapy sessions but not check into or stay in the facility.
This rehab is not recommended for someone with a severe addiction or who are new to rehab as the chance of relapse is higher. There has to be total commitment to be successful
Inpatient Treatment Options
Inpatient rehab programs are facilities where people can go to live for a designated time to work out their program. They are usually 28-days but can also be a long-term stay as well. Detox will happen during their stay and then they will move on to the therapy sessions, working with the professional staff who works there.
Sober Living Homes
After their program, some may want the continued support of others in their same situation. They may not be ready to go back home. At this point, a sober living home could be a good option. Addicts can live here, expected to follow strict rules while having the freedom to come and go.
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are groups that help millions of people nationwide every day. Their 12-step programs help with keeping people accountable and offer support through peer led meetings. The Ashland area offers meetings for both of these throughout the weeks.
Traveling to Arizona for Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Many people have reasons for leaving Ashland, OH to go to rehab. Traveling out of state could be more beneficial to the individual seeking help. Some of these reasons could be:
- To develop new habits: there are many triggers an addict has when they are at home. These are the things, people and /or places associated with the drugs or alcohol they use. Triggers are habits that are toxic for addicts because they keep them going back to their addiction. Being in Arizona would remove those triggers and habits and they would be able to make new habits.
- A desire to finish the program: every rehab program participant has to have the desire to finish the program. However, because rehab is voluntary, a person can leave at any time. If they were in Arizona for rehab, they might be more committed because they would have nowhere to go and no one to pick them up if they left.
- To limit distractions: being focused on a rehab program is very important and sometimes, the distractions at home can cause a person to lose that focus. Being several states away will leave the distractions at home and help the person have a clearer head.
- To protect privacy: some people have anxiety about being in rehab near home. The fear seeing other people from the program out in the community while with friends or family. They want to remain private and want their participation kept confidential. Being in Arizona, the likelihood of this happening is very low.
- To experience different facilities: to get the most out of rehab, a person must find the program that best fits their needs. Whether it is a gender specific program, a drug specific program or another specialized treatment, it may not be offered in Ashland, Ohio. A facility in Arizona could have the right treatment for that person.
- To start a new life: many addicts need a way to start fresh. Being far away, in Arizona, is a good way to do that. A person can have the opportunity to get away from toxic relationships and start new ones. They can recreate their image so others can change how they see them. And most importantly, they can learn how to love and care for themself without the criticism from other people.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Ashland, Ohio
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Ashland AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Ashland:
There are several weekly AA Meetings in and near Ashland, Ohio.
There are a few Alateen meetings near Ashland, Ohio.
There are multiple weekly NA meetings in the Ashland, Ohio area.
There are several SMART Recovery meetings near Ashland, Ohio.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in the Ashland, Ohio Area
Rehab can be a life-changing decision. Once someone knows how helpful it is, making the decision to go can be easier. At SpringBoard Recovery, we want to help by putting information together and make it more accessible.
If you need to speak to someone about your drug and alcohol options in Ashland, we would love to help. We believe that you can get the assistance you need to recover and go on to a life of sobriety. Please contact us today.