DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION REHAB AND RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Appleton, Wisconsin
Freedom from Addiction
Addiction recovery is possible, and people who go to drug and alcohol rehab in Appleton, WI have many treatment options available to them. Still, there are so many who never get the help they need to stop using. It can be really difficult for people to admit they even have a problem. Sometimes people struggle to believe that going to rehab is effective.
Even so, getting professional treatment is the best way for people to recover successfully. It can be helpful to learn as much as possible about drug and alcohol rehab in Appleton and how it can be beneficial.
find meetings in or near Appleton:
Addiction Statistics and Facts for Appleton, Wisconsin
For many people who live in Appleton, their substance abuse problems present an ongoing battle. So many are struggling, and they often do not know where to turn to get the help they need to recover. The statistics give us a better understanding of this issue.
According to the most recent Community Health Assessment for Outagamie County:
- On average, people reported having 2.3 mentally unhealthy days during the last month.
- Each year, there are 92.3 self-inflicted injury hospitalizations for every 100,000 people in the county.
- 21.3% of the youth in the county state that they have harmed themselves on purpose, but did not have suicidal thoughts.
- 17.9% of youth have seriously thought about committing suicide in the county.
- 31% of the population in Outagamie County reports either binge drinking or heavy drinking behaviors.
- There are about 2.1 alcohol-related hospitalizations in the county for every 1,000 people every year.
- 29% of all driving deaths in the county involve the use of alcohol.
- 9% of adults report having driven a car after having too much to drink.
- 32% of young people state that they have had at least one drink of alcohol in the last 30 days.
- Almost 19% of young people state that they had their first drink of alcohol before they were 13 years old.
- There are around 400 arrests for drug possession in the county every year.
What is Drug and Alcohol Rehab and What are its Benefits?
Going to alcohol and drug rehab can provide people with the support they need to recover from their addictions. Recovery can be very challenging, but it may also be the most rewarding experience of a person’s life. It is critical to provide treatment for both the physical and psychological aspects of people’s substance abuse problems during rehab. This is done through detox and therapy, which are two separate types of treatment.
Drug and alcohol detox is often a vital part of addiction recovery. It is often recommended, but for some drugs, it may be required for safety purposes. For example, people who are recovering from benzodiazepine, alcohol or stimulant addictions might need to go through the detoxification process. It can help with their withdrawal symptoms as well as possibly prevent many complications that can arise during this phase of recovery.
Therapy is needed in order to help people with the psychological aspect of addiction recovery. This is done during rehab. People participate in various forms of therapy and counseling, including individual sessions, group therapy and family sessions. For many people, co-occurring disorders (mental health issues) are at the root of their substance abuse problems. They must be identified and treated in order for recovery to be effective.
How Many Substance Abuse Treatment Programs are Located in Appleton?
The SAMHSA treatment locator tool indicates that there are 18 addiction recovery programs available to people within 25 miles of Appleton. They offer various levels of care, including inpatient and outpatient facilities.
What Types of Treatment Options are Available in Appleton?
People who live in Appleton, Wisconsin have access to some of the best addiction rehab programs in the state. There are many levels of care in order to meet the needs of as many people as possible.
Please keep in mind that not every method of recovery may be appropriate for each person. It may be a good idea to talk with a professional to get their recommendation based on the individual’s personal situation.
Inpatient rehab is a form of residential addiction treatment that provides medical and therapeutic support 24 hours a day. This type of recovery involves staying at the facility and actively participating in treatment. Many inpatient programs also offer detox services, which is very convenient for the patients. But those that do not should always provide referrals.
During inpatient rehab, there are many different types of therapy available. Individual sessions will be held between each patient and their therapist. There are also group therapy options and sometimes family therapy is available as well.
Alcohol and Drug Detox
As we mentioned previously, drug and alcohol detox is often a vital component of the recovery process. Detoxing helps to rid the body of harmful toxins that can contribute to withdrawal symptoms. Getting treatment involves reducing the severity of withdrawal and reducing the risk of possible complications.
There a few different types of treatment available for people as though go through the detoxification process.
- Medical detox – Many facilities provide medical detox services. This ensures that people receive the supervision they need. It also allows patients to take medications to help with their symptoms.
- Medication assisted treatment – Medication assisted treatment was designed to help treat opioid and alcohol addiction. There are medications that have been approved by the FDA to treat these conditions. Behavioral therapy is also required.
- Holistic detox – Holistic therapies during withdrawal provide a more natural detox experience. Nutrition therapy, physical exercise and other treatments can allow the body to naturally detox on its own.
Sometimes a 28-day program is not enough to treat drug and alcohol addiction. Long-term rehab can provide treatment for an extended period of time. This level of care can work well for people who may not have done well with inpatient treatment in the past. It is also helpful for those who have a history of relapsing.
Outpatient rehab programs can offer people the opportunity to get help for their addictions while still living at home. There are three main types of outpatient treatment, but they may not be right for everyone.
- Traditional outpatient rehab – This type of care typically only involves 1-3 appointments per week with a therapist for individual sessions. Some programs may also include group therapy. Traditional outpatient rehab works well as a lower level of care for those who are not new to recovery.
- Intensive outpatient programs – Intensive outpatient programs, or IOPs, offer a higher level of care than what is available during traditional OP rehab. Clients come to treatment 3-5 times per week, and appointments are usually during the evening hours.
- Partial hospitalization programs – Partial hospitalization programs, or PHPs, offer treatment during the day. Clients come to their appointments as often as 5-7 days per week while they receive therapy.
Sober Living Homes
Not everyone is able to return home once they finish their rehab stay. Sober living homes can provide them with a safe place to live while they continue to receive treatment. Residents have to pay their own rent while they live in these homes. They may also have to have drug testing done, and help with chores around the house. Going to an outpatient rehab program is also a requirement.
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are two of the most popular 12-Step programs. They provide peer support (not professional support). There are several AA and NA meetings taking place in the Appleton area every week.
Traveling to Arizona from Appleton for Rehab: Is it Wise?
There could be a number of reasons why a person would want to travel from Appleton to Arizona to go to rehab. This can be a great decision because:
- The type of treatment a person is looking for, such as holistic care, may not be readily available in Appleton. But it is in Arizona.
- People may want more privacy, and going to rehab in their city could result in them seeing people they know.
- It can be helpful to take some time away from home to fully concentrate on one’s recovery efforts.
- Triggers are virtually everywhere in one’s own city. Going to Arizona can remove triggers from the equation and make it easier to recover.
- Going to a different state for rehab can help people get into the right mindset to get the help they need.
FREE ADDICTION RECOVERY RESOURCES IN Appleton, Wisconsin
ARE YOU OR A LOVED ONE STRUGGLING WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM?
Get the help you need by making a simple phone call
Appleton AREA MEETINGS
find meetings in or near Appleton:
There are many Appleton AA meetings scheduled every week.
There are several Alateen meetings being held in Appleton every week.
There are many NA meetings being held in Appleton every week.
There are several Appleton area SMART Recovery meetings every week.
OUR REHAB CENTER
Learn More About Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Appleton, Wisconsin
At SpringBoard Recovery, our goal is to provide people with the help they need to recover from their addictions. We use the most updated methods to accomplish this goal and have helped many people be successful.
Are you thinking about traveling to Arizona to go to rehab? That is a great idea. If you would like more information, or you just need learn more about Appleton’s rehab options, please contact us today.